Model Cars Magazine Forum

1948 Ford corner (Testors IMC) Post 'em if you got 'em!

Lovefordgalaxie

I'm starting this post just out of frustration.

When I was building mine '48, I only found a couple built on google, and the pictures were not that good.

So, if you have one built, please post some pictures. I refuse to believe there's only about three or four around!??

So, post 'em if you got 'em!!!

This one is mine. Three months and about a few white hairs more after I started it I was able to call it good, or so so.

17368785035_accd527b0e_c.jpg1948 Ford Super Deluxe Coupe by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr

17368452301_0de7a6fbf2_c.jpg1948 Ford Super Deluxe Coupe by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr

17366856352_95237f8456_c.jpg1948 Ford Super Deluxe Coupe by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr

17368798135_18cb978214_c.jpg1948 Ford Super Deluxe Coupe by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr

Edited by Lovefordgalaxie

I have no clue of what you do not like about it.

It's not about the kit itself. I was frustrated because I couldn't find any pictures of a built coupe online. I really wanted to see how it would look like when done.

I found pictures of the convertible (about three different builds) but not of the coupe.

So... I decided to post this thread, in hope people would post their pictures of built Testors Fords, both convertible and coupe, to serve as a reference to the ones that decide to actually build one.

Nice build. I made several of these IMC kits when I was a kid so I could have all the year options in both convertible and coupe. I now have a couple in the stash unbuilt. I do want to make a 42 Ford coupe if I could find a 42 grille.

Nice build. I made several of these IMC kits when I was a kid so I could have all the year options in both convertible and coupe. I now have a couple in the stash unbuilt. I do want to make a 42 Ford coupe if I could find a 42 grille.

I don't remember where, but I saw a resin body to convert the kit into a '42 Tudor while I was doing research for the build.

I just spent two hours trying to find it again with no luck :angry:

Here's mine - built almost 30 years ago, pretty much out of the box (Union reissue of the IMC kit), spray-painted with some cans I had at hand, the hood doesn't like to be opened, the doors have been glued shut.

Wow! I really, really like this. Spectacular! B)

• 2 weeks later...

A build from at least 35 years ago. Flames were masked and airbrushed and all the pinstriping was all done by hand with a tiny brush. Moon discs were spun from the bottom of a pop can.....no aftermarket sources back then.

Now-a-days, I'd have corrected the windshield proportions, and improved the door alignment, etc. but I tend to leave my old builds just as I originally built them and keep them dust-free in display cases.

P1040775_zpsc7380a15.jpg

P1040778_zpsaaa13c1d.jpg