Model Cars Magazine Forum

Who has the best redlines in the market?

I think they have appeared in some recent AMT kits, and they are now available in a "parts pack". I understand they are hollow though, like their other tire packs (ie Polyglas GT, Blue Streak Slicks, etc.). Since I've never seen any other redlines, I can't do any comparisons...

Edited by fseva

Nice thing about the Modelhaus tires is that the white walls, red lines, whatever, are separate resin pieces so you can get whatever tires you want & paint the inserts whatever color you like.

Perfect for some one wanting to do "gold line" or "blue line" tires as well.

Steve

Nice thing about the Modelhaus tires is that the white walls, red lines, whatever, are separate resin pieces so you can get whatever tires you want & paint the inserts whatever color you like.

Perfect for some one wanting to do "gold line" or "blue line" tires as well.

Wow - that's neat! I'll have to check 'em out!

Edited by fseva

These are a set of Modelhaus T194 tires. Probably not the best candidate for redlines, but you can see how easy it would be to pop out the white wall insert, shoot it with a little flat red & Viola! instant redlines.

I usually shoot my white walls with a mixture of flat white & a little yellow just to give them a little more realistic look. White wall tires rarely stay "white" for very long. :)

Steve

DSCN4055_zps9jbp6nrh.jpg

I agree , Modelhaus makes the Best Red Lines . They are way to big for the FX70/14 that came on the first Muscle Cars ; AMC '65-69 , MoPar '65-69 , FoMoCO '65-'69 , Generally More '65-69 . Are the RMoM smaller Tires ? Thanx ..

B) Modelhause has the best Red lines all the tires they make are soft and the white or red lines come out to be painted. They have the same tires showen on the Charger in both red and white wall they are the same tire that was put in to the MPC and AMT kit's back in the 60's and 70's I keep a supply of both on hand. I just got a couple of packs of the new AMT red lines and I have to say they are nice and the fact that they are hollow make them work wit the new Rev kits they fit the 67 Camaro wheels very nice just like the AMT white letters tires.

I myself prefer Modelhaus redlines.

Their website is back up and running and I plan on ordering some this week.

Well, that's really nice to see!!

I had concerns that Don & Carol would just call it quits a couple of years early in light of their recent tragedy.

Glad to see their back!!

Steve

These are a set of Modelhaus T194 tires. Probably not the best candidate for redlines, but you can see how easy it would be to pop out the white wall insert, shoot it with a little flat red & Viola! instant redlines.

Which of Modelhaus' tires would you recommend for redlines? Also, do they have wide ovals, which I would love for my muscle cars, also with the inserts? Their catalog is kind of funky; so, please point me in the right direction! Thanks! B)

Which of Modelhaus' tires would you recommend for redlines? Also, do they have wide ovals, which I would love for my muscle cars, also with the inserts? Their catalog is kind of funky; so, please point me in the right direction! Thanks! B)

I really don't know that much about a lot of the tires Modelhaus sells Frank, but they do have several different sets of red lines. I buy mostly wide & narrow white walls for late 50s - early 60s full size cars because that's what I build mostly.

I don't build a lot of muscle cars.

Some others on the forum might have better insight as to what to expect from their red lines.

Steve

you could call or e-mail them...they include red line tires in their 69 Roadrunner kits, ask which size tires they use on it. .

You may want to wait for a few weeks as they catch up on orders.

Edited by mike 51

you could call or e-mail them...they include red line tires in their 69 Roadrunner kits, ask which size tires they use on it. .

You may want to wait for a few weeks as they catch up on orders.

They use T-426 as redlines (and they are good - I have the RR kit), but they only list them as whitewalls. I would repaint them anyway.

Here is a side by side comparison of the redlines from Modelhaus and Replicas & Miniatures. All three sets have separate red resin redline insert.

A - Modelhaus T-426, soft rubber

B - Replicas & Miniatures, Hard black resin, T-3 Goodyear G70-14 (.610" ID, 1.050" OD, .340" Wide)

C - Replicas & Miniatures, Hard black resin, T-5 Goodyear G70-15 (.610" ID, 1.090" OD, .380" Wide)

redlines-vi.jpg