Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Father & Son" Dodge Truck build.. NEW progress pics 9-10-16

Thanks Jose! I had sat these 2 trucks aside for a time as over a year ago, I went through a bad accident that mangled my hands pretty bad (I wound up loosing the tip of one finger and going to loose a section of another) due to the same accident that I'm putting off till winter (To much around the house to do and all to be laid up healing again!) And I did a bunch of that last year!

Anyway, I sat these 2 builds aside for partly the reason I was searching out very specific parts (which I now have) till I find others, but thats unlikely at this point) and was healing, (While I was healing) last year I went on a hunt for those parts as I couldn't do any modeling, at the time, BUT I could search for things I was going to need to do a bit more intense modeling of the real ones to make the models more a replica of the real trucks then just a "model".... If that makes sense.

NOW however I've been working on models for almost a year (I think) I began working again on models from the accident on a '68 Plymouth Roadrunner, That model Is setting right now too as I need specific decals to finish the body as it is almost done, BUT, when I began to "try" and work on models after the accident, I only had my right hand, thumb, and pointer finger, and thats IT......... I had to use a clamp-on vice for a "make-shift" left hand! BUT, the good part was, I didn't have to go through ANY dexterity therapy from the accident, I did it all 110% of it myself working on models! Heres a link to that '68 Plymouth Roadrunner I built with one finger and one thumb!

Oct. 26th 2015 was the first time after the accident I got back to working/building models. 

But more to what I was saying on the Father & Son Dodge truck builds was, I didn't want any differences in my work to show within those builds while I was healing, so I sat 'em aside and seeked the wanted/needed parts for them till I felt I was able to work on them again, and then, just time passed and things got to where I am now and then to realize just how much time had passed and then it hit me with the '68 Dart interior, Dad's truck was pretty much the same colors as the Dart! So, why not kill 2 birds with one stone.... While I had the colors out, get the truck interior going and all too! Plus, I feel as tho, I'm back to my self with my hands now to be able!

So, yeah, I'll be going on these till another road block may come up, in the build(s) due to having 2 trucks in this one! As there really isn't much left to either one of them, My truck is body work and then gloss black paint, Dads truck after the interior is done, is body work (I have some trim to add to Dad's truck due to the type truck and nature of trim-line of his truck) so there is some more needed on Dad's truck then mine as far as body work goes.....

Stay tuned tho, theres more to be done!

Thanks Mark! I'll be adding the steering wheel to the dash in a day or so (I have some specific details yet to add to the dash) Steering column, turn signal lever, and automatic gear shift, and then add the pedals to the lower edge of the dash from the back side (Almost the same as I did in my truck, in this same build) but Dad's truck will be getting a new "stock" looking accelerator pedal, a more centered brake pedal (with a larger foot pad on it), and a emergency brake pedal. All before it goes into the interior tub!

And one of the details I noticed I did not add on either interior is the lock pins in the tops of the doors! Those will be added as well in both trucks!

And then, I have to sit down and think up a way to add something to Dad's truck that well was a "common" sight for him to not be far from at times during the week (being this was his everyday driver for a long time!) He always traveled to work, with his lunch "bucket" as he called it, on the passenger-side seat! So, I plan to add that little extra to his truck....

I'm not sure what "little added details" I may add to the interior of my truck..... As I add something to Dad's I ought to add something to mine, just not sure what!