Model Cars Magazine Forum

Patriots Steal Another Superbowl

afx

I've been hearing reports the last day or two that the level of Patriots, um... "creative interpretation" of the rules is far more widespread than everyone ever thought (and let's be honest, everyone knows the Pats cheat)... apparently they somehow filmed other teams and stole signals in at least 40 games in the early 2000s.

I've been hearing reports the last day or two that the level of Patriots, um... "creative interpretation" of the rules is far more widespread than everyone ever thought (and let's be honest, everyone knows the Pats cheat)... apparently they somehow filmed other teams and stole signals in at least 40 games in the early 2000s.

there is indisputable evidence that one or more championship or playoff games were directly affected by them stealing play signals. They also sneaked into other locker rooms and stole playbooks. Anyone denying they are cheaters at this point are just delusional 

there is indisputable evidence that one or more championship or playoff games were directly affected by them stealing play signals. They also sneaked into other locker rooms and stole playbooks. Anyone denying they are cheaters at this point are just delusional 

That's one i remember a long time ago. Just think about what they still may have not been caught at. 

If you can't beat them on the field , just sling the mud after the game even years later. If you throw enough some will stick.

And if you watch or listen to former players form every team, they all cheat. Give it a rest people, your team just like mine (Lions) suck. 

Andy you are right on with your comment.  Unfortunately people that report "hearing about" the Patriots filming and stealing signals in "at least 40 games" and have "indisputable evidence" of championship or playoff games being affected by stealing signals still like to sling their mud, will never change.

If you can't beat them on the field , just sling the mud after the game even years later. If you throw enough some will stick.

And if you watch or listen to former players form every team, they all cheat. Give it a rest people, your team just like mine (Lions) suck. 

Andy, the Lions are not a bad team anymore and have a good shot in their division, unless Curler really happens to improve but the Bears let Marshall go. The Vikings i don't expect to change...  

living in denial must be miserable. 

looking up at a scoreboard and denying what you see because your team (although they "knew" they were being cheated) decided not to change their signals and lost, must be horrendously miserable. 

its a man's game ... always has been ... it seems though it's now too complex for a generation of children brought up on participation trophies ...

to watch the last SB or Friday's win and deny the methods of one of the most successful teams in history, but blame it on cheating (as Tomlin cried), is miserable

looking up at a scoreboard and denying what you see because your team (although they "knew" they were being cheated) decided not to change their signals and lost, must be horrendously miserable. 

its a man's game ... always has been ... it seems though it's now too complex for a generation of children brought up on participation trophies ...

to watch the last SB or Friday's win and deny the methods of one of the most successful teams in history, but blame it on cheating (as Tomlin cried), is miserable

You took that pretty hard didn't you? My team doesn't usually play the Patriots. Where there's smoke, there's fire, and the Patriot's camp is is burning up. There will forever be an asterisk next to ever trophy the Patriots have won with Brady and Belichick 

I have never met a more sensitive, insecure fan base than that of the Patriots. It's kind of sad. 

It seesm like you have rationalized cheating by calling it a "man's game". I wonder how you'd feel if your Pats were on the receiving end of such tactics. 

It seesm like you have rationalized cheating by calling it a "man's game". I wonder how you'd feel if your Pats were on the receiving end of such tactics. 

he and every other Pats fan would be whining and crying

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that every team cheated or severely bent the rules to some extent, but for this much stuff to be brought to light, they have been doing a ton of stuff. Not to mention what it is they have done, is pretty bad. The Deflategate thing isn't really even that big of a deal to be honestly, it's the other stuff that got swept under the rug the last decade or more. 

there is no debating they cheated, and have been cheating for some time. It's not my opinion, it's just the facts. The sad thing is, they are a great team and Brady is incredibly talented and it is possible they wouldn't have as many rings if they didn't cheat, but I think they would still be one of the top teams if if they didn't 

This is kind of like the downfall of Lance Armstrong. The Patriots just don't have any credibility anymore. 

Edited by Quick GMC

NFL is right up there with NHL and NASCAR on the scripted reality scale. The top rung on the ladder of course belongs to WCW and WWF who obviously embrace it and have let the cat out of the bag, but one has to question where on that ladder other "professional sports" fall. Is it all rigged? of course not, there are too many people to have everyone be in on it, there's no way to keep every player and office staff on every team from leaking. Are team owners pressured to make certain decisions and influence their coaches to make certain calls to steer the outcome of the game a certain way with officials and refs there as the last line of defense against a rogue team? Can't help but think some of that must be going on. It's not a lip sync battle, but not all those mics are plugged in either.

You took that pretty hard didn't you? My team doesn't usually play the Patriots. Where there's smoke, there's fire, and the Patriot's camp is is burning up. There will forever be an asterisk next to ever trophy the Patriots have won with Brady and Belichick 

I have never met a more sensitive, insecure fan base than that of the Patriots. It's kind of sad. 

people like you (and there're many) whine and cry when you or your team gets beaten (and Im sure the Patriots have beaten your team) and you call others sensitive and insecure ... that's not how it works ... despite what your mom and dad told you about winning and losing ... don't be sad ... just change your signals nest time ... if you really think that's what beat ya ...

That's exactly how it works. You are being incredibly sensitive and insecure, you are having a hard time mentally coping and accepting the fact that the Patriots have a history of cheating. I haven't once whined about my team losing. 

Now you tell me to change my signals. You are finally acknowledging that the Patriots did steal signal and play books. We are making progress. This is great, there may be hope for you yet. 

That's exactly how it works. You are being incredibly sensitive and insecure, you are having a hard time mentally coping and accepting the fact that the Patriots have a history of cheating. I haven't once whined about my team losing. 

Now you tell me to change my signals. You are finally acknowledging that the Patriots did steal signal and play books. We are making progress. This is great, there may be hope for you yet. 

... you sound like you just won a beauty pageant ...

Former NFL official reported McNally “six or eight years ago”

For months, former NFL official Mark Baltz has had nothing to say about locker-room attendant Jim McNally, who was suspended for his role in #DeflateGate. Now that McNally has been reinstated, Baltz has gone on the record.

Baltz tells Bob Kravitz of WTHR.com that the Indy-based head linesman reported McNally to the league "six or eight years ago."

“He always asked for the footballs way, way before he was supposed to get them,’’ Baltz said. “If he could get them 10 or 15 minutes before he was supposed to get them, instead of the usual two minutes before the game — and there were some crews that let him do that — he would do it. I wouldn’t let him take them early, and I think he eventually figured that out because he stopped asking after a while. I probably did 10 to 15 games up there [in Foxboro] and those first few times, he’d always ask. I always thought it was very suspicious. He certainly acted in a suspicious manner.’’

Baltz also noticed that McNally didn’t operate like other locker-room attendants.

“I always thought he was an unusual dude,’’ Baltz said. “Most locker room guys, they sit there and if you need something, they got it for you. When you left the locker room, you’d lock the door and they’d stay right there. The other 31 teams, that’s what they would do. That was his job.

“But McNally, he was running all around like a chicken with his head cut off. Asking for the balls early. What I specifically reported him for several years ago, and I thought this was really unusual, he’d run out on the field with the footballs before the game and the next thing you know, he’s playing pitch-and-catch with [Tom] Brady. Then, next thing, he’s on the sidelines right next to [Bill] Belichick, like he’s a [bleeping] assistant coach or something.”

Baltz said the NFL never responded to the concerns about McNally.

“He was always worried about the footalls,’’ Baltz said. “Always. It was very odd. I reported him to the league, but never got any reaction from them. I don’t think they thought it was a big deal at the time. But [McNally] did things that 31 other locker room attendants don’t do. . . . All I know is, when he got [the footballs], he would run. He would take off. Whether he was going somewhere and letting air out, I’m definitely suspicious, but I don’t know for sure.’’

I’m a little suspicious that we haven’t heard from Baltz sooner. Then again, I’ve always been suspicious of the guy who called himself “The Deflator.” And I can’t still understand why Commissioner Roger Goodell didn’t insist on testimony from McNally as part of the  Tom Brady appeal hearing

• 2 months later...

When GQ booked Tom Brady for an hour-long, one-on-one sitdown last month, the venerable men's magazine and its correspondent, Chuck Klosterman, had hoped the result would be an intimate look at the NFL's biggest star.

That sitdown eventually became a 45-minute phone conversation that reached a sudden dead end when Klosterman attempted to converse with Brady about the Patriots' AFC Championship Game ball-deflation scandal, better known to the free world as Deflategate.

Sample interaction:

CK: But what you're suggesting is that the reality of this is subjective. It's not. Either you were "generally aware" of (ball deflation) or you weren't.

TB: I understand what you're trying to get at. I think that my point is: I'm not adding any more to this debate. I've already said a lot about this --

CK: Tom, you haven't. I wouldn't be asking these questions if you had. There's still a lack of clarity on this.

TB: Chuck, go read the transcript from a five-hour appeal hearing. It's still ongoing.

CK: I realize it's still ongoing. But what is your concern? That by answering this question it will somehow --

TB: I've already answered all those questions. I don't want to keep revisiting what's happened over the last eight months. Whether it's you, whether it's my parents, whether it's anybody else. If that's what you want to talk about, then it's going to be a very short interview.

The interview ends shortly thereafter.

Brady is famously guarded, so perhaps it shouldn't be surprising he didn't want to go down a Deflategate rabbit hole. For what it's worth, Klosterman finds Brady's guardedness to be unnecessary and suspicious. We suggest you read the entire profile, which doesn't pierce the TB12 force field, but does offer up some intelligent discourse both on Brady and what the Patriots represent to the modern NFL.

For a professional reporter to ask a question that has already been asked is a little off in my book ( can't he think of his own questions). Why would he expect him to answer a question about something that is still in the courts why on earth would he think that was OK ? The whole thing smells of an arrogant reporter being pissed because he was dealing with someone that said no to him.

I watched football back in the seventies and they used the huddle back then because of lip readers.  I wonder if that is the Patriots doing also. 

Now for the earlier post. 

“He always asked for the footballs way, way before he was supposed to get them,’’ Baltz said. “If he could get them 10 or 15 minutes before he was supposed to get them, instead of the usual two minutes before the game — and there were some crews that let him do that — he would do it. I wouldn’t let him take them early, and I think he eventually figured that out because he stopped asking after a while. I probably did 10 to 15 games up there [in Foxboro] and those first few times, he’d always ask. I always thought it was very suspicious. He certainly acted in a suspicious manner.’’

So the officials are not even going by the rules of the game, now you know why they miss so many calls even with a replay. 

If you keep looking at every team that wins there is something going on.