Model Cars Magazine Forum

The International Model Car Builders' Museum, Sandy Utah.

Brizio, like the others said it was nice meeting you. Your models are great, your wife is lovely and you have good doggies. It was a pleasure meeting you all.

Was a pleasure meet you too Vince! Thank you!

My wife & I will be taking a road trip, this summer, from SoCal to Mt. Rushmore & back. We plan to spend a couple days in Salt Lake City. I will be taking in the Model Car Museum & the Museum, at Miller Motorsport Park, in Tooele, UT. (south west of SLC). It features a ton of Cobras, Ford GTs (the real ones), & even a Thunderbolt Fairlane (at least the last time I was there). A great museum. Get there, if you can. Miller Motorsport Park is scheduled to close this October.

Jeff, Do you mean the Miller museum is going to close permanently . . . or just seasonally?

Larry Miller passed away 6 years ago. The Larry H. Miller Group has decided to close the park, Oct. 31 of this year. They lease the land it's on, it's lost Millions of dollars from the start, & it would just be a matter of time, before the track became a nuisance to the new neighborhoods that are being built around it.

I had the pleasure of shooting a Grand Am race, there, several years ago. It was the only race that I got sunburned, soaked to the skin, & hailed on, all in the same race. It's a great track, with several configurations, up to 4+ miles. The race I covered used the long course & I walked the entire course, during the race.

The media relations people were second to none. They even had warm chocolate chip cookies, in the press room. Unfortunately, they served those, while the on track events were happening (when I was out shooting). Luckily, my wife (the writer & my partner in crime), saved me some cookies. One of the high points of the weekend was meeting Nigel Mansel, who's sons were racing in Formula Atlantic, that was also running that weekend.

A beautiful track & it will be missed.

What Tom said, x2. Get involved. This museum is our hobby, our legacy. If we don't support it, no one will It's up to us - the people reading this board. support the museum with your generous contributions and make it a bucket list priority to visit the museum in person. It's an experience will never, ever forget.

Thanks...TIM

Very much the truth.I've been to the museum many times of ever the years...its a blast.its easy for me cause I live close by..I'm a member of UMAG as well...a great and talented bunch.but try to find time to go look in the model car museum...its more then worth it.supporting the museum is important.thank you Tim........Chris