Model Cars Magazine Forum

all White - Autocar here

I built the Autocar bucket truck in Dec. 2012 I used the AMT dump truck kit and the back bucket sectionwas from someone on eBay. It came from one of the pre assembled trucks. I lengthened the frame and detailed the boom section. This is based on a real boom truck that I saw here in Houston on one of the freeways. It's close to the same color as the real one but now there trucks are painted white.

• 1 month later...

Hey Mark, thanks for the kind words. They are decals, my hands are not that steady anymore, They were the ones that fit the best off of the Can-Do wrecker decal sheet. One of the ones I have yellowed, badly, completely unsuitable for most colors. I figured, some real close trimming, and over black, they might work.

Must admit a partialness to the "true" White Western Stars. Growing up in the southeast US back "in the day", to see one of these was a definite "WHOA!". Even more of a treat than Brockways, Diamond Reo's, or Marmons. And that black/rainbow scheme was just so cool. WWS had some truly original paint jobs on the conventionals and COE's. Well done pulling off a very complex scheme!

We had a huge construction company that had scores of White "Construcktors" in dumps and mixers. About the same as the above Autocars appearance wise. Anybody ever rebrand an Autocar into one of those?

Thanks for the memories and sharing the great works. .

Peace.

Nice Anthony! I always liked the 4000.

Anthony, thanx for sharing your beautiful build.

Thanks guys. I have a lot of memories of the 4000/9000 Whites. As a kid the 4000 was a favorite of mine.