Model Cars Magazine Forum

'40 Ford convertible, a sorta Woody

BigTallDad

Thank you for the nice words!

Bear with me while I learn how this site operates. Just for some background info...

• The dark wood siding is a decal. but the light siding is 1/32" plywood, all hand-cut and hand-fit
  • The fender welting is thread
  • The open fresh-air cowl has a screen, just like the 1:1
  • The antenna, kick-panel courtesy lights, plug and wires (as well as the tube), fuel line, and sediment bowl are scratch-built.

As others have mentioned, I'm a member of another forum (that might change soon) and in the process of bringing info from that area to this one. If there is a lot of interest in the wood process, I'll put that at the top of the list.

Beautiful model, Ray. The paint looks absolutely flawless. B)

Just one tip for you: I think you're posting images directly from your computer? If so, this site won't let you do that for long... your allotted image storage space here is very limited. You need to get a photo hosting account (if you don't already have one), load up your images over there on their servers, then just post the IMG tag (the link to the image) here in your posts. That way all of your photos are taking up space over on the photo hosting site's server, not this one, and you're just posting the link to the photo here, not the actual photo (although we still see the photo here in your posts).

If you already have a photo hosting account and you know all this already... like Emily Litella always said... never mind... :D