Model Cars Magazine Forum

Interest Thread: 1993 Dodge D150 and 1977 Ramcharger in 1/25th scale

Anyone here interested in a resin kit of a 1993 Dodge D150 Single Cab Longbed or 1977 Dodge Ramcharger kit in 1/25th scale? And when I say interested, I mean actually buying one.

Price would be average for a high end American resin kit. It won't be cheap, but it wont be as expensive as those European race cars.

The D150 will be all new made from a 3d printed master. The Ramcharger will be based on the excellent MPC D100

If I can get about 10 kits spoken for each, I'll start working on them.

If interested, please email robert burns jr101 at yahoo.com

Thanks - Rob

dakota_in_the_sky, on Flickr

17338889478_15b9bced56.jpg3517720002_large by dakota_in_the_sky, on Flickr

17500233686_305b09b689.jpg77rchargerbydmcclafferty_1 by dakota_in_the_sky, on Flickr

I would be interested in a D150 if it had the older grill like this one.

http://image.moparmusclemagazine.com/f/dodge85/27673343+w450+h338+cr0+re1+ar1/1985-dodge-d150-pickup-2.jpg

I can do that, no problem. I'm not sure what the interior diferences would be, so it would have the later interior.

I would be interested in the Ramcharger. Would the D150 be in 2wd, 4wd or both? If both, I could be interested in one of them as well.

4WD unit from the 1974 version.

To be honest, I don't like the '91-'93 grille. The mid '80s to '90 have a better looking grille IMO. Are you planning on doing just the body and interior or the whole kit?

If the pickup will have the 4wd option, then I would be interested in one of them as well, as long as the price isn't too high.

That's no biggie since the truck's underpinnings were the same from 1972. The 4wd version from the 74 will be the same. Thanks Mike

the pickup, I have a 1988 lifted power ram sitting in my driveway right now.

Cool!

To be honest, I don't like the '91-'93 grille. The mid '80s to '90 have a better looking grille IMO. Are you planning on doing just the body and interior or the whole kit?

I can do both grilles pretty easily.

I think the whole kit with no engine

I would be interested in the truck. The grille wouldn't matter so much to me as long as it was something from the 1981-1993 range. I'd be interested in the Ramcharger only if it was also an 80's model.

And I agree with Tommy's sentiments.

The dash was pretty much the same from '81 to '93 and there was another grill change about '85/'86.(Darrin's style)

I remember doing a few Royal SE pdi's...

mike

Edited by mk11

Is a full kit required to go from the LRE to a '93 or would a conversion (grill, hood etc) be enough to do the job? I know there were some changes to the body style over the years but thought they were all pretty minor.

Is a full kit required to go from the LRE to a '93 or would a conversion (grill, hood etc) be enough to do the job? I know there were some changes to the body style over the years but thought they were all pretty minor.

Yes, full kit required. The 1981 to 93 panels were all interchangeble, so you could put a 93 grille on the old body, but it'll just look like a 70s with a newer grille. The 81+ had new front doors, front fenders, bed, tailgate. The single cab was flatter above the rear window. The crew cab, rear crew cab doors, and extended cab were the same as the 1972 to 1980. The hood and cowl was the same as the 1980 (last issue with the square stacked headlights).

a 93 dodge dakota would be better for me if you could make it. there is no first gen style dakota kits at all

But would you actually buy one? Would anyone? I'm a Dakota owner myself, but I doubt a whole lot of people would pay for a full resin kit.

Question is what is the cost of resin versions of both of these gonna be? (I may be interested if the cost isn't going to total a small fortune!)

I can't post prices (moderators seem to edit every time I put a price in). Think average Modelhaus kit cost. If you want to know for sure, please email me.

Depending on what additional parts I would have to add (engine/trans or wheels/tires), I would be interested in at least one of each. And by stating average Modelhaus kit prices, that can range from $50-100.

So it will be a little less than the average of $50-$100

Yes, full kit required. The 1981 to 93 panels were all interchangeble, so you could put a 93 grille on the old body, but it'll just look like a 70s with a newer grille. The 81+ had new front doors, front fenders, bed, tailgate. The single cab was flatter above the rear window. The crew cab, rear crew cab doors, and extended cab were the same as the 1972 to 1980. The hood and cowl was the same as the 1980 (last issue with the square stacked headlights).

Thanks, I had a feeling it would be more than a simple conversion.