Model Cars Magazine Forum

Interest Thread: 1993 Dodge D150 and 1977 Ramcharger in 1/25th scale

That is a shame, I think it would do well.

I don't think as an unknown caster with no track record you are going to get much interest in pre-orders regardless of how popular the subject.

You've posted some photos of your work which looks quite good, but there have been a lot of skilled, but shady resin casters out there and it tends to make people very cautious with their money.

Looking at the consistently retarded prices that these things sell for on Ebay, I'd say that there is indeed market for the trucks as long as the quality is good and the rice decent. Perhaps some photos of a prototype would gain a lot more interest, Perhaps try casting several and offer them on the forums again with photos as you did your other trucks and you'll get orders but there are too many guys out there selling resin products are at best, pathetic in quality. There are also other forums where you may try putting feelers out on. Its a subject that once it is known about and if the quality is good, will certainly sell. Why not do some castings, take some good photos ad see if that happens. Put one or twwe on Ebay. It is a worthwhile project IMHO. But trying to get commitments from pepe to buy something that they can not see is a difficult and fruitless process.

He has actually posted some of his work on a 1974 Dodge truck.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=101507

If that is the quality he can turn out great, but I know I've been burned a couple of times in the past so not too quick to turn over my money on a sight unseen product.

That looks like a direct re-cast of the MPC truck that was an annual issue back then, a little easier to do than a complete new resin master.

I would still be interested in either the '74 pickup, the Ramcharger or the '93 pickup.

Looking at the consistently retarded prices that these things sell for on Ebay, I'd say that there is indeed market for the trucks as long as the quality is good and the rice decent. Perhaps some photos of a prototype would gain a lot more interest, Perhaps try casting several and offer them on the forums again with photos as you did your other trucks and you'll get orders but there are too many guys out there selling resin products are at best, pathetic in quality. There are also other forums where you may try putting feelers out on. Its a subject that once it is known about and if the quality is good, will certainly sell. Why not do some castings, take some good photos ad see if that happens. Put one or twwe on Ebay. It is a worthwhile project IMHO. But trying to get commitments from pepe to buy something that they can not see is a difficult and fruitless process.

Easier said than done. You probably don't realize it costs about $1000 to make a master, molds, and castings. Sorry, I don't feel like gambling on a grand. I can do another subject just as easily and sell more.

And I never asked for a penny. I just asked for people who would buy one. I've done sci fi products that I get about 25-50 committments to buy when completed. I figured for about 10-15 flake outs. I make up for that with ebay sales. In this case, there wasn't even 10 or a single email asking what the reeal price was

That looks like a direct re-cast of the MPC truck that was an annual issue back then, a little easier to do than a complete new resin master.

I would still be interested in either the '74 pickup, the Ramcharger or the '93 pickup.

My Futurliner (elsewhere on this forum) was a complete new master which shows what I'm able to do.

My Futurliner (elsewhere on this forum) was a complete new master which shows what I'm able to do.

I agree, just pointed out that it is easier (and cheaper) to cast something that is already available.

Count me in for 2 of the '74 Dodge pickups, I have stopped hoping that Round 2 will resurrect the molds for them!

Easier said than done. You probably don't realize it costs about $1000 to make a master, molds, and castings. Sorry, I don't feel like gambling on a grand. I can do another subject just as easily and sell more.

And I never asked for a penny. I just asked for people who would buy one. I've done sci fi products that I get about 25-50 committments to buy when completed. I figured for about 10-15 flake outs. I make up for that with ebay sales. In this case, there wasn't even 10 or a single email asking what the reeal price was

Uh - I emailed you and you responded with a price - and you responded - so there was at least one email.