Model Cars Magazine Forum

Photo Posting Help, One Last Time

I have read ever answer to "how to post photos" that I can find and am still at a lose. Don't care about fokti or anything else, just photobucket.

Can anyone out there lead me step by step on how to post photos with comments? You know...

1- Turn on PC

2- Get on line

3- Go to my photobucket account

Yep, I'm that computer dumb :unsure:

1- Turn on PC

2- Get on line

4. Login to photobucket account

5. when account loads and your pictures are displayed, go to the picture you want to post on a reply to a post or whatever you are trying to post it on, there will be 4 Bold lettered headings below each pic: Email and Im's, Direct Link, Html code, and IMG code. Each of these will have a text box next to it. Right click on the box next to IMG code and copy.

Go back to the page you are trying to put the pics on, right click below the text that you posted and PASTE the IMG text there.

It will look something like this:

blah blah blah blah blah

(img)asdg/12234 pic of truck(img)

the pic WILL NOT show up in the post until it has been posted.

Hopefully this helps and doesnt confuse the ###### out of you....... If not, PM me andd I will walk you through it on the phone....

Rudy

1- Turn on PC

2- Get on line

4. Login to photobucket account

5. when account loads and your pictures are displayed, go to the picture you want to post on a reply to a post or whatever you are trying to post it on, there will be 4 Bold lettered headings below each pic: Email and Im's, Direct Link, Html code, and IMG code. Each of these will have a text box next to it. Right click on the box next to IMG code and copy.

Go back to the page you are trying to put the pics on, right click below the text that you posted and PASTE the IMG text there.

It will look something like this:

blah blah blah blah blah

(img)asdg/12234 pic of truck(img)

the pic WILL NOT show up in the post until it has been posted.

Hopefully this helps and doesnt confuse the ###### out of you....... If not, PM me andd I will walk you through it on the phone....

Rudy

[/quote

O.K. Rudy, going to try it. Nope. Right click on IMG doesn't have a copy selection. Right clicking on text that I posted has no paste option. Screw it.

Guest roadkill2525

left click on the img box and it will highlight, then right click and select copy. Go back to the reply page on here and right click agian and hit paste.

O.K. Rudy, going to try it. Nope. Right click on IMG doesn't have a copy selection. Right clicking on text that I posted has no paste option. Screw it.

All you have to do is left click the IMG code once and it will copy itself, then you past it in your post. Left click[/b] not right click

:D O.K. gang, you got me so that I could load images onto MCM from photo bucket, but...... I can't remember how I got the photos from my PC to photo bucket. I can upload the pics from my camera to "my pictures" on my PC, but when I go to "select" to upload to photobucket, I can't select from "my pictures". Only pics available are ones that I have already transfered. Where am I messing up? Photobucket help is no help at all. :P

:angry: O.K. gang, you got me so that I could load images onto MCM from photo bucket, but...... I can't remember how I got the photos from my PC to photo bucket. I can upload the pics from my camera to "my pictures" on my PC, but when I go to "select" to upload to photobucket, I can't select from "my pictures". Only pics available are ones that I have already transfered. Where am I messing up? Photobucket help is no help at all. <_<

When you select the browse button, go to the folder where you put the pictures and selet those, or use the bulk uploader and pic your folder, this way you can see what you are uploading.

First, the photos must reside in the directory/folder that you are attempting to upload

from. In other words, if you are in PhotoBucket and you choose 'browse' (to select the

photo(s) that you wish to upload), you will have to navigate to where the files (photos)

are. If they are, indeed, in your My Pictures folder, then you should see them there to

select...if not, then they simply are not there. It is a good idea to make 'sub-folders'

within your My Pictures folder that will contain the photos that you collect. That way you can

always navigate to the folder that contains photos that pertain to a certain subject. An

example of this would be:

MY PICTURES----

MODELS----

67 VETTE---

CONSTRUCTION

FINISHED

56 FORD---

CONSTRUCTION

FINISHED

FAMILY PICS----

UNCLE JOE

2007 XMAS PARTY

KIDS

You get the idea. You could structure this folder setup anyway that you wish but you must

PUT the photos in THAT directory. That is to say that you must move them from the camera

to the folders in which they will reside. You could simply put all of your photos in the My Pictures

folder but if you are like me, and have literally thousands of photos, you would need some

kind of system for keeping track of them.

Another point to consider is format. Most cameras today take pictures in JPG format...but some

still use TIF or BMP. The more expensive ones even take them in JPG and RAW. The point

here is that when you upload the photos to PhotoBucket, they should all be in JPG format AND

sized for internet consumption. I make a habit of sizing (resizing, that is) most all of my

PhotoBucket uploads to no more than 180 DPI (Dots Per Inch). I know that this is probably

more info than you need...but it is helpful to consider internet etiquette.

Just make sure that the photos that you want to upload to PhotoBucket are in a place/folder where

YOU KNOW that they reside. Then just use PhotoBucket's browse function to navigate to where

the pictures are...select them, then upload.

Hope that this helps... Steve

First, the photos must reside in the directory/folder that you are attempting to upload

from. In other words, if you are in PhotoBucket and you choose 'browse' (to select the

photo(s) that you wish to upload), you will have to navigate to where the files (photos)

are. If they are, indeed, in your My Pictures folder, then you should see them there to

select...if not, then they simply are not there. It is a good idea to make 'sub-folders'

within your My Pictures folder that will contain the photos that you collect. That way you can

always navigate to the folder that contains photos that pertain to a certain subject. An

example of this would be:

MY PICTURES----

MODELS----

67 VETTE---

CONSTRUCTION

FINISHED

56 FORD---

CONSTRUCTION

FINISHED

FAMILY PICS----

UNCLE JOE

2007 XMAS PARTY

KIDS

You get the idea. You could structure this folder setup anyway that you wish but you must

PUT the photos in THAT directory. That is to say that you must move them from the camera

to the folders in which they will reside. You could simply put all of your photos in the My Pictures

folder but if you are like me, and have literally thousands of photos, you would need some

kind of system for keeping track of them.

Another point to consider is format. Most cameras today take pictures in JPG format...but some

still use TIF or BMP. The more expensive ones even take them in JPG and RAW. The point

here is that when you upload the photos to PhotoBucket, they should all be in JPG format AND

sized for internet consumption. I make a habit of sizing (resizing, that is) most all of my

PhotoBucket uploads to no more than 180 DPI (Dots Per Inch). I know that this is probably

more info than you need...but it is helpful to consider internet etiquette.

Just make sure that the photos that you want to upload to PhotoBucket are in a place/folder where

YOU KNOW that they reside. Then just use PhotoBucket's browse function to navigate to where

the pictures are...select them, then upload.

Hope that this helps... Steve

Thanks Steve, but here is the problem. I had taken some pictures of a diorama that I did. Loaded from the camera to "my pictures". Moved to photobucket using "browse" in photobucket, and "select" on the photos. Worked just fine. I have just loaded some new photos from the camera to the PC. When I go to "my photos" they are there and I can view them. However, when trying to load them to photobucket, using the same procedure, it doesn't work. I go to my photobucket account and it shows the pictures that I have loaded, along with the "browse" option. When I select "browse" and go back to my pictures, the ones that I want to transfer do not appear, only the ones that were there prior to my latest upload from the camera. Any ideas?