Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 3rd Quarter Announcements?

Matt T.

So do you guys think the Raptor will be a real kit and not a build and play? It says Snaptite so I would assume so, but those headlights look suspiciously painted to me in that picture.

I assume it's the same BnP they gave out at the NAIAS or Chicago (shown in blue on the front page of the Revell website)

Edited by Rob Hall

Tower Hobbies has it listed for a Sept release, so take that for what's it's worth.

Still consistent. Tomatoes, tomahtows.

When they say "Sept release" that usually means the 30th or 31st of the month, which effectively makes it actually the next month, i.e., October ~ which is the 4th quarter.

I would hope that F&F,Brain's car is better...as I remember that mits car was bad....don't know though. .I'm excited about the 25 wrecker kw.I build one once,but as I remember. .it was a Revell of Germany back then.

Do the NASCAR Fusions have blacked out windows? Hollow cars, or do they have some form of interior?

I am also glad to see the Olds back. I am still hoping that we get one with a roof someday, but this one is nice to see too. I have the Revell Muscle version. I wonder how much the resin figure is going to jack it up? I will get one for sure, two if they're reasonable. I might be in for a Speedwagon as I can always use more '32s

I am happy to get the Olds with the "Official Pace Car" livery, as well as the Linda Vaughn figurine. I still have an unbuilt Hurst Olds as well as an uptop for it. For the Hardtop version of the Hurst Olds, I cooked up my own.

2010_0320mamameetingmarch20100223.jpg

I would love to get a ''70-'72 442, or a Cutlass S or "70 Rallye 350 based on this tooling.

Revell did a very similar tuner Eclipse, but it wasn't the F&F car exactly.

I forgot about that one. The F&F car was a diecast kit, included a Brian figure. There was also a diecast 'Super Street' yellow tuner Eclipse kit.

Edited by Rob Hall

Man I was hoping for full detail, i really want the new NASCAR drivetrain...

Could it be to compensate the royalties check?

Or what's the age bracket of the majority of the consumers who buy Nascar kits?

Just two questions, I don't know the answer to, but I'll bet they know at Revell

;)

Edited by Luc Janssens

Man I was hoping for full detail, i really want the new NASCAR drivetrain...

The drivetrain for the most part is the same that was on the 2006 NASCAR kits, very little has changed.

All I can tell you is whats been posted by someone else that says they have some insider info that the chassis will be update to current COT chassis , but no engine detail, it was also said that Revell was looking at having different style dash's and seats , that could happen *if* they do the Chevy and Toyota's, which as it sounds, those are being planned, but please dont take that as fact and its going to happen.

Anyone knows what's the difference between "snaptite" and "snaptite max"?

It sounds like a new designation from Revell, so we'll have to wait to find out what the "MAX" means, above and beyond a standard SnapTitie kit.

Means Snap-Tite to the Max. Like Max Power, more awesome than a regular Snap-Tite

so like an amt snap tite with details and what not? Doubt it snap tites used to be nice now they only pretty much have a basic body and interior with no chassis detail.

It sounds like a new designation from Revell, so we'll have to wait to find out what the "MAX" means, above and beyond a standard SnapTitie kit.

It's their new Skill Level System. I don't know if anyone else remembers but they were supposed to start going on a 1-5 scale the way Revell AG (and most everyone else) uses. So the Max (which I hope isn't the level of disappointment) are going to be Skill Level 2. Hopefully that means something on the level of the Caprice, NSX, et al from the 1990s that have all slowly but surely become glue kits over the years of subsequent re-tools and reissues.

Edited by niteowl7710