Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 MPC Honda 750 Four & Trail 70 Mini Bike

The 1/8th scale MPC bike models I'd like to see come back, are the Schwinn 10-speed Continental and Schwinn 5-speed Sting Ray. Anybody remember those?

Scott

I had both of when they first came out, never built them. Sold them about five years ago. Kind of wish I had kept them.

I have just about every 1/8 scale bike Revell has done over the years, but have never added any of the MPC bikes, so these will great to see back!!! Maybe if they sell good, they might see fit to bring more back. I too would love to see the ATC 90 back, and the Schwinn bicycles were really cool. Built both a few years back, but sold them.

As far as Round 2's website goes, they hardly ever update it anymore, why bother having one, if it doesn't get updated?

• 4 weeks later...

a friend loaned me his ATC 3 wheeler one day and the darn thing went STRAIGHT for the nearest tree. its darned hard to steer with the one front wheel off the ground, which that big inflation tire up there guaranteed would be. bent forks back so the tire was pressed against the engine and that was that for that day. I was lucky...most people crashed them at fairly high speed and ended up deaders.

jb

Where did the announcement about the release of these 1/8 bikes come from?

Just checked Round 2's site , but did not find anything.

The website hasn't been updated since 2014.

The model kit industry is delightfully last century.

Their capital is Laidback, Idleho.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Another great video review Chris. I'm sure I saw one of these MPC Trail 70 kits builtup back in the day. And again, I had neighbors across the street who owned a real one. But, your review is the first time I've ever seen what the kit looks like unassembled, in the box. As noted in my last posting on this thread, I just ordered this kit myself this morning. I wonder if I bought from the same online vender. For I paid about the same price. Anyhow, it was great to see your review. I now looking forward to getting the kit even more. Thanks.

Another great video review Chris. I'm sure I saw one of these MPC Trail 70 kits builtup back in the day. And again, I had neighbors across the street who owned a real one. But, your review is the first time I've ever seen what the kit looks like unassembled, in the box. As noted in my last posting on this thread, I just ordered this kit myself this morning. I wonder if I bought from the same online vender. For I paid about the same price. Anyhow, it was great to see your review. I now looking forward to getting the kit even more. Thanks.

Thanks Scott! I got mine from Tower Hobbies. I order quite a bit from them and use the coupon codes to get free shipping or $ off. I live about 5 hours from their IL warehouse and usually get stuff two days later.