Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 MPC Honda 750 Four & Trail 70 Mini Bike

I just got my Trail 70 kit today. A couple of questions. One. What kind of glue or cement does one use to glue the tires together and the seat to its frame? Second. Are the routing of wires, hoses, and cables correct as shown in the instructions? For example, where does the one end of the spark plus wire attach, opposite of the spark plug? Or is this clear when I start building the kit? And, what is the best cement to attach that vinyl hosing?

You will see where the hose goes as you build. I am just about at that part now myself. As for glue I just use a small drop of super glue. That works real well. Are you posting your progress on the build ? I just posted some photos of my progress which may interest you.

You will see where the hose goes as you build. I am just about at that part now myself. As for glue I just use a small drop of super glue. That works real well. Are you posting your progress on the build ? I just posted some photos of my progress which may interest you.

Sorry, I'm unable to post pictures here. I'll be keeping an eye on your build though. Looking forward to seeing more of it.

• 4 months later...

I'm not crazy about the vinyl tubing, but have found that a gentle dose of heat will soften the tube, allowing easy install. Then it contracts a bit when it cools giving a fairly secure connection. I didn't glue the tire halves, I just let the rim halves pinch them together. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have some Teal paint I've been wanting to try and since I just got one of these............................................................. More to come.

Tell your bud that his came out great Dave.

Edited by Dragline

• 2 months later...

In the thread covering the Honda 750 kit specifically, I wrote mainly about how that build is going. And a little bit about the Trail 70. I'm not finding either kit the easiest I've ever built. But, I'm enjoying both overall.

I've liked both kits enough to write to Round 2 suggesting some of their other MPC bike kits, and other non car kits, I'd like to see come back. Ive not heard anything back from them yet. But, here are the kits I'd like to see them bring back.

1. Rupp Roadster mini bike.

2. Schwinn 5-speed Stingray (the Apple Crate).

3. Schwinn 10-speed Contonental.

4 and 5. The two Ski-Doo snowmobiles. (Especially the earlier one.)

I've always liked the idea of these "odd" kits. I never had the pleasure (or is that pain?) of owning these kits when they out in the past. I've heard the Schwinns in particular can be a pain to build. Maybe so, but I'd love to give them try.

1. Rupp Roadster mini bike.

2. Schwinn 5-speed Stingray (the Apple Crate).

3. Schwinn 10-speed Contonental.

4 and 5. The two Ski-Doo snowmobiles. (Especially the earlier one.)

I've always liked the idea of these "odd" kits. I never had the pleasure (or is that pain?) of owning these kits when they out in the past. I've heard the Schwinns in particular can be a pain to build. Maybe so, but I'd love to give them try.

I'd be into all of the above. Quirky is my thing.

I'd be into all of the above. Quirky is my thing.

Good to see you here Chris. And yea, I know quirky is your thing. I keep watch your reviews on YouTube. I have no interest in ship models what so ever. But, I your watching your reviews. Even on the ship models. And I watch them all of the way through! So we need the models I suggested above, just to see your reviews on them.

• 5 months later...