Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 MPC Honda 750 Four & Trail 70 Mini Bike

The Heller may be entirely superior in some detail respects, but whether it is accurate is another question.

The CB750 was made over a 10 year period and it changed from beginning to end. The picture on the Heller box looks like a composite of a 1969, 1970 and a 1971. Maybe even a 1972.

The picture MPC box and AIRFIX are 1969s, for sure.

The Heller picture shows many inaccuracies. I would like to see what the kit pieces look like. If the kit is like the picture on the box, it is not worth the $78 they are asking.

I have owned 1:1 CB750s; 3 1969s and 15 others of different 1971-1978 years. I am sure about the details as I have restored these bikes from ground up.

It would be good if somebody proved me wrong and the parts inside the Heller box are true to the actual bike. Pictures?

Now if only there was someone that made a CB 350 kit. I'll definitely pick up both even though I already have the Tamiya Trail 70. BTW does anyone have some good pictures of the MPC Trail 70,I've never seen what's inside the box of one.

IMG_20150331_140149768_HDR-vi.jpg

I'm looking forward to both of them!

Heller reissued quite a few 1/8 scale bikes this spring and announced more over the rest of the year.

It's nice to see all these 8th scale bikes making a return. I have hardly any left from the first time around.

Oy, Revell, are you listening?

Junkman, the Heller is a K2 ( non US spec) for sure. The box cover is incorrect.

The MPC is a K0

You are right.

Here is a better shot at a Heller:

decals-18-for-heller-honda-cbr-750-four.

Now I really have to buy them both. It's all your fault. I'm not responsible...

Edited by Junkman

It looks like Heller did a nice job on the K2 seat. It is a one year only with the piping dropping on the front of the seat. In 1973 the piping was horizontal across the whole seat.

Those cylinder heads are 1969 to 1972; there are 4 vertical supports viewed from the side.

It may be possible to mix parts and use the necessary MPC K0 parts on a Heller to make a better K0. Just a thought though I know it is a big expense.