Model Cars Magazine Forum

Vel's Parnelli Jones F5000 Al Unser Car

Art Laski

Hey Art, THANK YOU for the tip and rendering.  I'm going to get some of that tape and give it a try.   Certainly looks realistic.  I also like your spring exhaust pipe retainers.  It's always the little details that grabs ones imagination.  Cool build and glad you're sharing as you go.  Cheers, Tim

Hey Art, THANK YOU for the tip and rendering.  I'm going to get some of that tape and give it a try.   Certainly looks realistic.  I also like your spring exhaust pipe retainers.  It's always the little details that grabs ones imagination.  Cool build and glad you're sharing as you go.  Cheers, Tim

Thanks for the compliments, Tim! That tape seems to be a bit hard to find, but maybe you can find something similar that's suitable. 

• 1 month later...

Getting back to this one after the Christmas Mustang. I've been working on the Injector tubes and how I'm going to plumb them with the fuel lines to match the references. I saw some aluminum injector tubes from Detail Master that my friend, Curt Raitz, used on his Tony A2Z F5000 car and thought they would be perfect for this one, and they are. The length is just what I needed. But, the real car has a fitting welded onto the side. I took some K&S tubing and gave it a taper on the lathe, which was not easy as soft as that stuff is. I cut them and filed them down and epoxied them to the side of the tubes.

Just found this build. You are slaying it Art. These injectors just look so the part. I read and looked at everything and you are really doing this car right.  This motor is already a jewel and will be so even more when finished.

I'm watching this beauty for here on out.

Bob

OMG!  :o

That's a good OMG, right, Danno? :P

Just found this build. You are slaying it Art. These injectors just look so the part. I read and looked at everything and you are really doing this car right.  This motor is already a jewel and will be so even more when finished.

I'm watching this beauty for here on out.

Bob

Thanks, Bob! Hopefully this ride won't last too much longer.

Art.......this is soooooo good Brother.........tubes look AWESOME!!!!!!

Thanks, Johnny!

I'm still plugging away at this one, trying to make the Grand National Roadster Show this weekend.

A while back, I scratch-built a fuel pump that comes off the back of the distributor. I finished it up so I could plumb the fuel lines to the injectors. I also made the fittings for the injector tubes.

Thanks for looking!