Model Cars Magazine Forum

2013 Ultramarine Scion FR-S

Modelbuilder Mark

Just off the bench. Still waiting on the plates, but otherwise I'm calling it done.Factory correct Ultramarine by ScaleFinishes, this is to replicate my daily driver. This is a great chassis with lots of detail, the body proportions all look right etc, but the final assembly gets fiddly. The side glass does not fit flush like you would want, and the fact that there is no motor is still a mystery to me. (Thanks Jonathan for the replacement decals!)

SAM_0597-vi.jpg

SAM_0589-vi.jpgSAM_0590-vi.jpgSAM_0591-vi.jpgSAM_0593-vi.jpgSAM_0596-vi.jpg
SAM_0584-vi.jpg

SAM_0587-vi.jpg

Thanks Jonathan. My wife bought me this one as a birthday gift last year. Too bad they do not sell just the motor by itself. I may still try to get that kit at some point, as that price looks really reasonable. I just now tried to add it to my cart, and it said it is currently out of stock.

Thanks Jonathan. My wife bought me this one as a birthday gift last year. Too bad they do not sell just the motor by itself. I may still try to get that kit at some point, as that price looks really reasonable. I just now tried to add it to my cart, and it said it is currently out of stock.

They did at one time sell just the engine, you can still order the kit, they will backorder it for you .

Thanks everyone! Bruce, The roadway display is not finished, there will be a curb and side drain etc. The stones are from the cork sheets that you put in shelves etc, and they come in different thicknesses. Just cut them to shape, glue them down to a base, rough them up, paint to taste, then use plaster mixed with some fine sand to fill the cracks.