Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ramsfin aka Richard

wayne swayze

To all concerned... rich has been held hostage here in NC...i will be bringing him home memorial day weekend. so do not fear he will be craeting havoc on the boards again soon... i know y'all needed a break from his shinanagins...lol.

Dang, he HAD to have been at the show today in Simpsonville, because Tom was there. Wish I had known, I would have made more of an effort to find him and say hello!

Yes Mike Rich was at the show in simpsonville and was up by me doing the pictures. ya know the old guy with the white hair and beard...( I know i just described almost everyone there...LOL.)

Glad to hear everything is OK with him!

Nacho Z ..OK is a relitive term...LOL

Tom V

Hi guys. This is Rich Manson "reporting to you" from beautiful, warm, Hendersonville, NC. I'll be returning home on Saturday, and I can't wait to dive into working on the Modelhaus resin kits that were shipped to my home since the Holthaus's missed the NNL East show due to the tragic loss of their son. I've got a '56 Cadillac. '56 Dodge and '56 Mercury just waiting for my attention. I also picked up a chopped '50 Oldsmobile resin body from M.A.D. to use with the '50 Olds Custom kit from Revell. I also picked up kits of the Moebius '54 Hudson Club Coupe and the Revell '57 Chevy convertible. Those cars, along with the pile of other 1950's cars in my stash will be keeping me busy for the rest of this year and beyond. In addition to the kits I got a bunch of M.A.D. distributors, some parts from Norm Veber, sheets of BMF and some paints and primers. I'll be well stocked for awhile. I got lucky on EBAY and scored Franklin and Danbury Mint cars of a '50 Chevy, a '53 Packard, a '54 Chevy and a '57 Cadillac. These are all cars for which no "good" kits existed of and I got them all for about $100 total, plus shipping. Now I've got to start saving up for next year's NNL spending spree.

Yes, I am alive and well and I thank all those who may have been concerned about my absence here on the Forum. I'll have plenty of things to post here along with some pretty cool pictures.

By the way, the "Elvis Impersonator" at the Simpsonville, SC show is a guy named Ed Thompsen in the Spartanburg, SC chapter of the SCMA (South Carolina Modelers Assoc.). He wears that outfit at all of the shows and has fun doing it. He's a nice guy who is also an "ex New Yorker".

Rich Manson

By the way, the "Elvis Impersonator" at the Simpsonville, SC show is a guy named Ed Thompsen in the Spartanburg, SC chapter of the SCMA (South Carolina Modelers Assoc.). He wears that outfit at all of the shows and has fun doing it. He's a nice guy who is also an "ex New Yorker".

Rich Manson

I just didn't know, I thought I missed something.