Model Cars Magazine Forum

Help! Travelling from UK. Which contest / show do I go to in the next year?

geetee66

Can anyone give me some advice, please?

I have a plane ticket that will get me to the USA and I want to come to a contest/ show.

I need to book a flight by 22nd May (2015) and use the ticket in the next 12 months.

The thing is, I don't know which one to attend.

Can anyone give me an idea of which is the best/biggest/most aftermarket vendors, and when it's happening?

Ideally, I'd like to also see some drag racing or a 1:1 car show as well. Seems a shame to travel all that distance and not take full advantage of what's going on locally.

If anyone knows of a good pairing of events, please let me know.

Hopefully I might get to meet some of you chaps in person..

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou

It's unfortunate you couldn't have got your ticket sooner. NNL East is the biggest show/vendor area.The show was 5 weeks ago.But there is still hope.Next years show on April 16,2016 will be the 30th anniversary. If you can hold out that long.

Nice one!

Where in the East will the NNL be held?

Does anyone know if there's any drag racing or hot rod n custom meets nearby?

I want to squeeze in as much as possible while I'm there.

I might even be brave enough to enter one of my builds...!

NNL East is in Wayne, New Jersey. It's just a hop and a skip from New York City and less than two hours from Philadelphia (south), and probably not much more than that from Boston (north). So you have a lot of choices. There are commuter trains that run all along the Northeastern coastline and despite recent events are really very safe. There are also commuter flights to those cities out of New York at fairly decent prices. I agree that NNL East is the show to catch if it fits your schedule. It is a model meet and display, not a contest, and you will find many of the people from this board who attend. There are also many of the top aftermarket vendors in attendance. In fact, Chris Hales, from Manchester, is the owner of C-4 resins, and has become a vendor. He will be attending again next year.

Raceway Park is in Englishtown, New Jersey. That's about an hour south of Wayne and is a well known drag race venue. They do have events in April but I don't know what they'll have next April.

Here are the links:

http://www.nnleast.com/

http://www.etownraceway.com/

Depending on how long you will be here in the States and how much travelling you want to do, you could have a lot of options. There are all kinds of events going on, race and car related. There are 1:1 car shows and swap meets, drag and stock car racing, new car shows, etc. Some research can yield a great trip!

Good news, everyone!

I'm coming to NNL 2016 ?

hopefully I'll manage to meet and chat with some of you.

Now, I've got to construct a way of transporting one or two of my builds for a trans-Atlantic journey, without them ending up in bits.

This will be my first trip to the USA. I'm really looking forward to it.