Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aftermarket Semi Detail Parts.

I'm currently building the Revell Peterbilt 359 and was looking for some parts to detail it a bit. I am looking for aluminum stacks, CB antennas, aluminum air horns, coil hose for the back, rubber boots for the intake tubing and maybe some custom rear fenders. Where might I find this stuff? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Rhino's truck parts make stacks, visors, bumpers, fenders, air line box, air lines, pogo sticks and a few other items. He's on facebook, I think it's Rhino's Truck Parts. He has an eBay store, here's a link.

http://m.ebay.com/sch/rhino9905/m.html?_pgn=1&isRefine=true

Here's what his stacks, visor and bumper look like.

20150425_112802-1_zpsdlsn7aky.jpg

P&P used to have some nice resin fenders, they are currently out of stock. Class A resin has some cool stuff. Doubletake replicas has nice tires, standard and low pro, they are the truck above. KFS has PE stuff, really nice actually. Czech truck parts has nice PE stuff. Auslowe has some nice resin parts.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Petetrucker07

Class A Resin has rubber intake elbows as well as a bunch of other Auslowe parts. He had an extensive line of awesome aluminum parts, but I don't think they are available right now. Ben is great to work with.

American Industrial Truck Models (AITM) is also a good source for general aftermarket parts.

Double Take Replicas is also a great source for resin parts and tires.

Rhino's items are great too.

For photo-etched details, Czech Truck Model is the best. Kit Form Services (KFS) also has good stuff, as Clayton said.

Another source for real aluminum parts is Michael Cherry from the UK. His company is MCA Model Accessories. He has horns, stacks, etc. He can custom make just about anything. I have an excellent set of polished aluminum scale 8" curved tip straight pipes he made based on the truck in my profile pic. I sent him the photo and specs, and the cost and time was reasonable.

All of the sources have websites you can find in a simple search. Most are ordered by email and paid through paypal.