Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Olds Convertible Finished!

Ron Hamilton

Great resto Ron! I missed talking with you at MidAtlantic NNL... I had a family thing to go to that day!

I was not able to make the Mid Atlantic NNL this year, but If I were there, and you were there, we would have had a good conversation. Thanks for the comment.

Wow! What kit is that?

AMT did do a kit of the '65 88 hardtop.

I've bid on a couple on ebay but never had deep enough pockets!

They don't seem to come up very often.

Terrific Job Ron!

It's kind of sad that the full size Olds kits pretty much went away after '63. That is, except for this one, & a couple in the '70s

Steve

AMT did do a kit of the '65 88 hardtop.

I've bid on a couple on ebay but never had deep enough pockets!

They don't seem to come up very often.

Terrific Job Ron!

It's kind of sad that the full size Olds kits pretty much went away after '63. That is, except for this one, & a couple in the '70s

Steve

I started this one with this...

DSCF4032_zps79ab1fc0.jpg

I have a coupe to do at some other time.

DSCF4031_zps234c9450.jpg

When I was a kid, I had an AMT '65 Olds annual kit. When I built it, I wanted to replicate Dad's car. I did not have much in the line of paint, so I used the remnants of a paint by number set, and painted it Turquoise, with a black top. It was sad looking to be sure, but we used what we had back in those days. I was only 8 years old at the time, and I had no funds for modeling supplies other than glue. Those were the days.

Excellent rescue . I am partial to Factory Stock and Tribute Builds . I can relate to using Oil paint by Number to build a Model .

My first kit i bought with my own Money was a Premier '60 Falcon . Paint , the same Earl Schieb as you also admit to . lol .. Thanx ..