Model Cars Magazine Forum

1962 Chevrolet Impala Convertible

Dominik

second in the row of my restaurations.

also grabbed from my brother and restored.

removed all paint, changed the wheels, painted the interior individual as i like without searching the web for "real" paintsheme. also no wiring like my 61 - kept it simple. painted red with a smart used look.

enjoy ;)

CIMG141118_502.jpg

CIMG141118_505.jpg

CIMG141118_507.jpg

CIMG141118_509.jpg

CIMG141118_511.jpg

CIMG141118_512.jpg

CIMG141118_513.jpg

feel free to say what you think ;)

That's a beautiful '62 Dominik!!

The tires are throwing me off a little. Something there looks a little strange. Maybe the white wall is a little too far "out" on the sidewall.

But in general, it's beautiful!

I have a good friend who has a '62 Impala hardtop painted in "Roman Red" & this looks spot on to me.

I also like the interior treatment. The "tri-tone" thing looks very classy!

Great work!

Steve

I have a problem with the white walls too. They are off in my opinion.

The tinting on the windshield is a bit too much. When, then greenish instead of blueish. That was the norm back then.

Under the hood is incorrect, firewall was not body color. GM was black under the hood. Gotta love Mopars! Color is cooooool.

The model is cleanly built and stands nicely, the trim is correct and the paint is done nicely.

Interesting interior paint scheme, it's different. I do think the shifter is mounted backwards though.

Michael

Edited by 10thumbs

Thanks for kind comments!

@10thumps: the shifter now is correct - thanks, it was backwards mounted.

@Harry: the mirror inside is now mounted, another wasn't there as i grabbed him.

Take a look:

CIMG150504_062.jpg

for the next impala i will paint the enginebay black as it was addressed - thanks for this tip.

whats wrong with the whitewalls? only the indicated ring was painted before and i let them this way:

CIMG150504_063.jpg

can you explain it to me?

If you look at a photo of an actual car from this time period, you'll see that the type of whitewall tires used then only had about an inch or two space between the wheel & the whitewall itself.

The flat area that you painted on these tires looks to be a good 3 or 4 scale inches away from the wheel & it just throws off the whole look of the tire. The outside edge of the whitewall actually looks to be closer to the tire tread than the wheel.

Steve

1962-impala-ss-convertible-27_zpsr2xarhj