Model Cars Magazine Forum

Italeri Volvo VN780 and Moebius "Smoothie" Finally, replacement decals have been found!

Hey, hey....Sounds great....It's funny how similar Texas and California are.....With the exception of the incredible humidity this close to the coast over here, San Antonio won't be too much of a stretch.....I think he'll like it, there.....

Looking good. I guess without the engine work that thing goes together quickly. I've done Star Trek decals(as in the aztec pattern) so I can imagine what a PITA those friggin things were. Still not a Volvo fan by any stretch but it's lookin good.

JT I know what you mean we have one up the road a few minutes from me as well. Except that I intend to drive for them. Hopefully I'll be quitting my current job at Sprint effective about June 7th.

Man, I envy you guys with that low humidity.....That clear looks awesome.....I stopped using clear out here, because it hazes so bad....I can use Future without a problem, though.....But I can't get ANYTHING to look right apart from Future floor polish....Great job....

Edited by kilrathy10

I've not had a problem with humidity and clear. I live in Oregon(yes it does get hot here 113 degrees) it's also very humid, it is the pacific northwest afterall. There are any number of things that could affect it though. I'll have to start paying attention to techniques, I just learned without really paying attention to what I was doing different. I used to have the issues though.

I doubt I'll have much time to do anything in Phoenix. I think it's pretty much wake up, get some grub go training, go get some grub go back to motel pass out. Repeat. I can put a face to the name I've just been too lazy to do so. I do some photography afterall. Although I wouldn't risk destroying my good camera by taking a picture of my mug. I'll put one up for my avatar here though. However I think every photo I have of what I look like now has a gun in it.

Clayton man that truck is looking sharp. Great color and graphics..

JT man i know about the humidity here but you have it worse there. The best time to spray is noon on a sunny day and bring the parts in to dry under the air conditioner.

Clayton man that truck is looking sharp. Great color and graphics..

JT man i know about the humidity here but you have it worse there. The best time to spray is noon on a sunny day and bring the parts in to dry under the air conditioner.

Yep....A bright, sun shiny day is the ticket, but I think my wife would throw me out of the house if I brought a model inside to dry..... :lol: LOL !!!! Funny, but true....Don't think I could get away with that.....

Edited by kilrathy10

Thanks Kostas.

I can't believe I managed to get a little bench time in today.

I got the trailer started. It seems to be just as nice to put together as everyone says it is and just like the other Moebius trailer. The only part that's painted as of now is the roof, the rest I'm gonna spray next time I get to work on it. I'm using the swing doors, no reefer and I'm gonna make some aero skirts.

20150601_130720_zpsjipt6tzq.jpg

20150601_130725_zpssermsvab.jpg

Edited by Petetrucker07