Model Cars Magazine Forum

Italeri Volvo VN780 and Moebius "Smoothie" Finally, replacement decals have been found!

Clayton,

Too bad you rushed the paint job. One solution/ Like you said repaint and display with the good side showing. OR???? Weather the bad side for an alternative look! ??? Lol

Be Well

Gator

I did think about painting just the bad panels. Like they were replaced from damage, forklift, accident, something like that. But the I'd still have to paint it over again once I find decals.

Do you clear over your decals?

Yep. I put 3 good coats of clear over the entire trailer. Yesterday was around 90 degrees, no humidity. I let sit outside for about 10 hours, then it sat over night. I know put tape on too soon. I was hopin I'd get lucky since I was impatient.

How about a decal setting solution like Micro Sol or Solvaset?

Oh, Man....I, totally, know how that goes.....I don't know how many paint jobs I screwed up because of my impatience....But....I've also gotten lucky a few times.....So, I can sympathize with you.....Those decals do look pretty good, too....Your idea is sound, and it flows with the truck, very well....I love it.....It's gonna look great when you do finally get it right....Great job.....I see where you're going with it and it looks awesome.....

• 2 months later...

I can't believe it. I finally got in contact with the right people at Italeri. They're sending me the decals to correct the disaster I created due to being impatient. I need to finish up the truck, which is really close so I can take it to the contest in a few weeks.

Do you have any pics of the braces for the side skirts?

I can't believe it. I finally got in contact with the right people at Italeri. They're sending me the decals to correct the disaster I created due to being impatient. I need to finish up the truck, which is really close so I can take it to the contest in a few weeks.

I had to contact Italeri not long ago for a missing Areomax headlight. Cost me $3 delivered to my door. Took about a week and a half to get it, which I considered fast considering it came from Italy.

BTW, nice job on the Volvo. That truck /trailer combo is super long! If those are 6" tiles on your kitchen counter, than that rig is 36" long!

I picked one up not long ago and was real disappointed that there was no engine or opening hood. For what we paid for the kit, they should have compensated by having opening doors or something.

Agreed. A pricey curbside kit. But, again, it comes down to a modern, US truck kit. Seems the 3 "modern" truck kits we have to choose from are pricey, even this curbside.

The day cab Pete that they just released, I wouldn't count that as modern. It is designed after a 95 or older truck, pre- Unibilt cabs. But, the resin aftermarket helps make it modern. So now the 70 dollar kit just went to 140, give or take some. Guess if we want modern, we gotta pay the price.

Thanks JT and Gator. That's exactly what I was lookin for, just enough. 

I'm hopin gettin this goin again and a few others will help with my slump. It kinda seems like this started it. I was really upset with myself, for causing this. Now, I hope I can get this done for the show since it's so close to being done.