Model Cars Magazine Forum

GFLF Simba 8x8 (Wheels 08-22-2015)

JT,

She's looking great! I see that you are aware of Harbor Freight. They make a nice mini punch set that is a whole lot cheaper than the Waldron Models ones. While it won't do holes as small as the Waldron ones, it is great for uses such as you have here.

http://www.harborfreight.com/9-piece-punch-and-die-set-95547.html

I bought mine for $30.00 Don't remember if it was on sale, or they have raised the price recently... Very useful though.

David

Edited by hooknladderno1

Hang in there JT. It happens to the best of us. Two weeks ago, I came back from a last minute vacation to find that my toilets wouldn't flush and bathtubs wouldn't drain. I found this out at 11:30 pm, and had to be at the shop for 5:00am. I wasn't a happy camper. I got it done though. This Simba build got my wheels turning on an Osh Kosh HEMTT tractor.

185AFC29-1E2D-4ED2-916F-44FEEED2EADC_zps

1419589A-C732-4A3E-B8E5-8B0A214507EC_zps

I may just have to build one. The other day on the way to get dog food, I passed the Louisiana National Guard, and they had a few sitting out by the fence. I'm gonna go back and see if I can get some pics.

I never did reply to this....Terry, I used to see these all the time back in the Corps.....They always captured my imagination....I wish I had gotten more pics of them while I was there.....Well, I did, actually take a lot of them when I was in Desert Storm, but they all got ruined when the film got run through an X-ray machine.....I was about 10 shades of MAD when I got nothing but blank prints back.....There must have been a couple hundred shots.....I had everything....Pictures of burning oil wells....Reinforced concrete hangars just blown to nothing.....Man, I wish I had a digital camera back then.....

I never did reply to this....Terry, I used to see these all the time back in the Corps.....They always captured my imagination....I wish I had gotten more pics of them while I was there.....Well, I did, actually take a lot of them when I was in Desert Storm, but they all got ruined when the film got run through an X-ray machine.....I was about 10 shades of MAD when I got nothing but blank prints back.....There must have been a couple hundred shots.....I had everything....Pictures of burning oil wells....Reinforced concrete hangars just blown to nothing.....Man, I wish I had a digital camera back then.....

Thats a drag man...That sounds like you lost some cool stuff. I actually just passed a whole fleet of these trucks coming up through Wiggins Mississippi this past weekend. I couldnt get any pics,but I got a good look while I was riding on side of them. Theyre not as big as I thought theyd be.

JT,

Glad to hear that weather cleared up. So you could throw some paint.Which by the way ain't looking too bad! I am looking forward to seeing how you finish this one out. It would make a really nice load on a lowboy!??? :-)

It has been raining pretty steady over here for the last four or five days. There is a Tropical storm off the coast moving north west. And this has messed up my current project, of repainting all of my model cabinets. Have two out in the carport now, then the workbench to do. And then I can get to sorting things out and getting everything set up.

Be Well

Gator

• 1 month later...

Thanks, Guys....I'm looking at it, and I've gotta do something about those seams....They show up real good in these pics.....They didn't look that bad, before.....It's the "molded in" color.....A little putty and some silver paint ought to take care of it......