Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mack info needed!

My brother and myself are looking at buying a 62 model B73 with the l model cab, but the guy says it has a cummins which isnt too odd, but he said its a single stick with a hi/lo flipper which sounds a little off to me, can anybody clear this up for me?

The guy told me it had a twin stick at first, and he told me the engine and trans was original, then he came back and said it was a single stick with a hi/lo switch. Im startin to smell a rat! I know a cummins could be ordered but most macks back then had mack engines...oh well, i think we're gonna can this one!

Sam,are you looking at that B-73 in Hunter? NC,the one on Craigslist? I saw that myself, The B-73 denotes a factory Cummins engine,sister Macks B-75,B-77 etc. are Mack powered with a few exceptions. It is quite poss. the truck came with a Mack "Uni-Shift" trans. (single stick 10 or 15 speed) if you can get a picture of the door tag,or better yet the VIN# I would be better able to tell you how the truck was built. If you DO end up with it,i can put you in touch with the Mack Museum,who can provide you with the factory build sheet,specs,original ownwer etc............................................Mark

Thanks for the info Mark! Yes its the one listed as hunter, nc but its actually near boone. I actually contacted the guy and it was indeed repowered with a 250 cummins and a fuller 10 speed. It originally had a 220 cummins and Mack twin stick. Too bad because i really wanted that truck, but i want something that at least has origial "type" equipment, but thanks again for the reply!

Edited by guitarsam326