Model Cars Magazine Forum

Old School Dirt Sprints and Midgets

traditional

These are all old builds.....at least 25 years old except for the maroon flamed Monogram midget which is about 40 years old.

I may have shown a couple of these on here before, but I've just been trying out my new 'photo tent' and these are fresh pics.

P5280696_zpsbxglukac.jpg

Late '60 sprint car modified from Monogram' s 'super Modified Sportsman'

P5280710_zpspcvefg53.jpg

P5280698_zpsl0pb1hco.jpg

P5280700_zpsd8h2cuzt.jpg

Early '70s sprint shortened and modified from AMT's Grant King Racer

P5280701_zpsaglnikqd.jpg

P5280704_zpsrombw5zw.jpg

'60s midget...modified from Monogram's Midget Hot Shot

P5280703_zps30xem5rk.jpg

P5280706_zpsy9ovfwyb.jpg

Modified from Monograms original midget kit from the '50s....a basic Curtis midget

P5280708_zpslgxj56oh.jpg

• Like 1

I really like this collection!I live in a hot bed of dirt tracks.I have 13 dirt tracks within a 2 hr drive from my house.You can find me at Williams Grove Speedway almost every friday night!As a matter of fact tomorrow night is York County Racing Club night and they will have old sprint cars just like yours on display in the infield.

I really like this collection!I live in a hot bed of dirt tracks.I have 13 dirt tracks within a 2 hr drive from my house.You can find me at Williams Grove Speedway almost every friday night!As a matter of fact tomorrow night is York County Racing Club night and they will have old sprint cars just like yours on display in the infield.

Although I live a long distance away from Williams Grove Speedway, it's without a doubt my favorite track and I try to get there at least once a summer......lots of great 410 racing, beautiful location, reasonable price, and NON SMOKING. This year, weather permitting, I'm planning to go on July 29....the same weekend that I go to the car show/toy show in Macungie PA.

In the same trip, I also always try to get to the Eastern Museum of Motor Racing in Latimore.......a fabulous racing museum run mostly by dedicated racers.

Years ago, my brother and I restored an old midget racer that is now part of our old car collection.

P8130310_zps9544e062.jpg

P5170010_zps9beb7bc5.jpg