Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gimme 5 automotive subjects you'd like to see reissued

5 hours ago, GMP440 said:

These 2 would love to see.

MPC 68 Coronet kit.jpg

Rare-Vtg-MPC-1969-Dodge-CORONET-SUPERBEE-Funny.jpg

AGAIN, the '68 was modified into the '69, which was modified into the '70, which has been reissued and is available. The '68 and '69 won't be coming back unless they tool up all-new bodies, body parts, interiors, etc. Don't hold your breath. 

36 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

AGAIN, the '68 was modified into the '69, which was modified into the '70, which has been reissued and is available. The '68 and '69 won't be coming back unless they tool up all-new bodies, body parts, interiors, etc. Don't hold your breath. 

Same thing with the 70 Cougar.  Most of the kit went into the 71 and 72 and lives on in the 73.

1 hour ago, iBorg said:

Since we're wishing.....

Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 9.19.10 PM.png

I built that kit back in the day (and still have it, in fact), but you can easily get a much better one together today by putting a modified Revell body on a Polar Lights chassis; Slixx has the decals. 

2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Well they did remake the Nova Wagon, 64 Olds and the International Paystar rig, so anything is possible. 

Well, if Round 2 does the same thing they did with the 63 Nova wagon and 64 Cutlass to get those out, we could very well see these two again.  Now, we have 3d printing to make this possible.  Round 2 does have both kits in their archives.

11 hours ago, youpey said:

this. im building one now. its very nice

amt-ford-bronco-4x4-wild-hoss-25th_1_e772f5efde4e04db8a1096b38977acea.jpg

Yes!! I have one of those too, but the top for the bed is slightly warped. This gets asked about whenever they do their videos and I'm surprised it's not made it back yet as a lone reissue.

It sure would be nice to see it again as they can go for big bucks on the 'Bay and some of the kits I've seen are in not that great of shape.

4 minutes ago, MrObsessive said:

Yes!! I have one of those too, but the top for the bed is slightly warped. This gets asked about whenever they do their videos and I'm surprised it's not made it back yet as a lone reissue.

It sure would be nice to see it again as they can go for big bucks on the 'Bay and some of the kits I've seen are in not that great of shape.

i have it in the original amt and the model king version. both of them had warping. unfortunately for me, i had cut out the X on the bed before gluing in the tailgate piece. i had to line it up manually. when i started on the model king, i still havent cut the X out. im waiting until its basically done

both of them have really warped back tops. i am going to need to glue them in place. 

Edited by youpey
  • Like 1

Just now, youpey said:

i have it in the original amt and the model king version. both of them had warping. unfortunately for me, i had cut out the X on the bed before gluing in the tailgate piece. i had to line it up manually. when i started on the model king, i still havent cut the X out. im waiting until its basically done

Yep..........same with mine. That shouldn't be too hard to do.......line it up before getting the other details done. The last time I saw the Bronco might have been the Model King version with the Drag Cougar and trailer. That one can go for some SERIOUS coin and it's one of the reasons I'd like to see that one make its way back.

It would knock down the auction prices I've seen them go for. 💲💲

15 minutes ago, MrObsessive said:

Yep..........same with mine. That shouldn't be too hard to do.......line it up before getting the other details done. The last time I saw the Bronco might have been the Model King version with the Drag Cougar and trailer. That one can go for some SERIOUS coin and it's one of the reasons I'd like to see that one make its way back.

It would knock down the auction prices I've seen them go for. 💲💲

For sure. I got mine in april i think. i probably over paid for the AMT version, but i got the model king at a "fair" price. 

i wanted to pick up another one because i am enjoying this build so much, and found the prices are much higher right now than just 2 months ago. i am just going to be patient and keep an eye out. the cheapest one right now, is still like 50 dollars more than what i paid

1 hour ago, Casey said:

I wonder if something happened to this [ Stunt Van / Off-Road Van E-150 ]  mold, as we've only seen the AMT [ stock, two wheel drive E-150 ] version multiple times.

I haven't seen a reissue ( updated issue ? ) of the MPC E-150 Van in over 40 years !  IIRC , the Stunt Van , et al. , was issued in c.1980 , 1981 , after it ran its course as an 'annual' ( under either the Sunrunner [ sic ]   or Juke Box Voodoo Snake  ( or whatever its name was ) for 1981 , 1982 ) .

It would make a great basis for a 2-in-1 or , for this matter , a 4-in-1 kit ! Stock E-150 ( sans the 'teardrop' cutout on the rear-side panels ; but , with an outline faintly 'scribed' inside of the body ) .

I'll bet that Round2 would sell a metric tonne of them !

2 hours ago, Casey said:

I wonder if something happened to this mold, as we've only seen the AMT version multiple times.

MPCFordStuntVan1.jpg.c863c9539fe13542642fe3b172a66a85.jpg

MPCFordOffRoadVan0.jpg.34fc4e3b371fbcda1df87e1732318d1c.jpg

Could be a great support vehicle for a Baja type of racing or for dirt bikes  (I probably mentioned this before a few time ;))

A pitty too that the original Mpc Dodge window van was altered, think that kit would be a great base for a Polar bear expedition vehicle, adding 4x4 (Champion Home Builders Co) and a luggage rack for the backpacking bear spotters.

On 1/12/2021 at 12:21 PM, Snake45 said:

If the molds for the interior parts of the '65 Nova still exist, that one could be brought back. We have the chrome, the windows, the hood, and the body still has all the nameplates and trim; just need to "un-alter" the rear wheel openings, which shouldn't be too hard. Plop it all on the chassis from the new '63 Nova wagon, done deal! 

Close but not quite on the chassis.  The gray chassis on the left is from the re-issued '63 Nova wagon.  The brown chassis on the right is a resin re-pop of an AMT '63 Nova hardtop.  The wagon chassis is just a little longer in the rear, and has the spare tire "bump." 

IMG_0685.JPG

Edited by Mike999
goof

Round 2 has already been pretty good at bringing back car kits I wanted  ('32 Imperial, '58 Edsel, '57 Chrysler 300C) as well as a couple of grail kits that weren't cars (Pilgrim Observer,  and the Lief Ericson), so of the ones that are left:

AstroVette concept car

1907 Thomas Flyer

MPC Stutz Bearcat

MPC Airfix MercedesBenz 280 SL

Any of the Pyro Vintage Brass kits, but since I have to pick just five, let's go with the 1909 Lozier Briarcliffe.

And I bet it will be many, many MORE years before we see any of them from Round 2. :lol:

Thing is - they combined my thread with Luc's 2015 thread, so now the conversation of bringing back any old kits is now just labeled as Round 2 kits!

When has the title of a thread stopped anyone from posting something?

If Luc says it is ok, I can edit the title to remove Round 2.

This is a catch 22, we are wrong when we combine threads and we are wrong if we keep separate threads. This is why I upped my meds.

• Haha 2

On 6/4/2021 at 1:50 PM, Casey said:

Pretty sure the 4x4 specific parts are gone for good on that one.

I have one of those in the stash (no box) and the drive train pieces look very familiar to the Revell Plow Truck. I had one of those Ford vans, grabbed it for $15 years ago, sold it for 3 times that a couple of years ago. 

• Xingu changed the title to Gimme 5 automotive subjects you'd like to see reissued