Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 66 Mustang Hardtop, an oldie but a goody ?

Mr Stock

Very nice build. Oh and I am glad you got rid of the wide whitewalls.

Thanks Im glad too, they were a bit OTT !, I have a new set of thin whitelines on the way from Vinyl Nation, they should hopefully look a lot better

Very true Harry, but it would have defeated my object of a slumpbuster if I started detailing.....because I wouldnt know when to stop ! :lol:

Interesting point though is there an aftermarket supplier for various mirrors etc ?

Not sure about aftermarket sources (although I think there would have to be one somewhere)... but the old spare parts box might work. ;)

Not sure about aftermarket sources (although I think there would have to be one somewhere)... but the old spare parts box might work. ;)

Definitely a gap in the market there Id say. Just checked the spares box and it looks like the only spare mirrors I have are some huge west coast style disco van ones.........hmm might be an interesting look on a Mustang :lol:

Ive obviously built far too many mirrorless AMT kits, I'm of to hunt for some online suppliers.

I grew up building the AMT and MPC annuals with nary a mirror to be found, so I'm quite accustomed to the "slick" look. To this day, even if they're in a kit, I don't use them unless they're integral to the styling of the car. They'd just get broken off anyway, leaving a nasty glue scar.

"What's behind me is not important!" B)

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice. Have built a bunch of these and still enjoy them. May not be the most detailed Mustang kit, but builds up and looks nice on the shelf

Thanks Gene and Andy I totally agree, its a very basic old tech kit, but I just like the way it looks.