Model Cars Magazine Forum

Let's Post Our Snap Kits!

Tom Geiger

Some really awesome builds in here.

I had no idea there were so many Snap kits available.  I always figured there would be some good engineering in these. I found out there is some really bad engineering in some of these. I helped my niece with the Grave Digger, wholly ckrap I ended up cutting a number of clips and instructing her where to glue them. Total piece of junk. We also did the Blazer Emergency vehicle, some decent design engineering in that one. 

Has anyone done a Tamiya Snap Loc kit? 

Edited by Rider

Here's one of my Snap Kits. An old builtup that I restored back in 2010. I could do a lot better job nowadays, but it looks decent on the shelf. It's Box Stock, painted with Revell Enamels and an airbrush, BMF for chrome trim.

2_zpsgxwn8s4h-vi.jpg

3_zpsvpllsblp-vi.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 11/5/2018 at 6:16 PM, Flatout said:

Revell Snap Tite 70 Chevelle SS 454...Tamiya paint, Slixx and Keith Marks decals, Comp Resin Wheels, and Fireball Model Works door handles.

Nice work! I can't help but think how well this kit would sell if it was out of the box like this! It's Amazing how a few simple details greatly improved an otherwise ordinary kit. I won't pass on another 10 dollar one agian from a swap meet.

13 hours ago, disconovaman said:

Nice work! I can't help but think how well this kit would sell if it was out of the box like this! It's Amazing how a few simple details greatly improved an otherwise ordinary kit. I won't pass on another 10 dollar one agian from a swap meet.

Thanks Anthony...The Revell Snap kits have some of the nicest bodies available in scale.   I especially like this 70 Chevelle, the 57 Belair, and the 63 Vettes. 

Edited by Flatout

10 hours ago, Flatout said:

Nice work on all of them Dominik!  Do you have more pictures of the Mako Shark?

I'll post it seperatly Ron ^_^

btw: your 70s Chevelle looks awesome! Can't believe that it is a snapkit. if its possible, can you massure the rear bumber, how wide it is? On the box is 1/25 scale, but i think, Revell put the 1/24 in. I ask because i search looooong time for the amt-Chevelle in 1/25...was hard to find here in germany for an acceptable price.

12 hours ago, Dominik said:

I'll post it seperatly Ron ^_^

btw: your 70s Chevelle looks awesome! Can't believe that it is a snapkit. if its possible, can you massure the rear bumber, how wide it is? On the box is 1/25 scale, but i think, Revell put the 1/24 in. I ask because i search looooong time for the amt-Chevelle in 1/25...was hard to find here in germany for an acceptable price.

Thanks Dominik....the snap kit is definitely 1/25.   The wheel base measures 114mm which scales out to almost exactly 112 inches.

Here's a couple of pics of the 1/24 Monogram and 1/25 Revell, hope this helps.image.thumb.jpeg.4f8b3cb92404ac7d76f7aed8a1cd61d6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b53d5a3ec585d6f23a854c6a215e8c56.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b53d5a3ec585d6f23a854c6a215e8c56.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.02fe458b3bc628eec354833f07c6c2eb.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2f6976931ece12dca0ad5c3436c5acc6.jpeg

Edited by Flatout