Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC Vette Van!

Faust

I love MPC’s kits, and I love crazy street vans. I also grew up in the days when there were Show Rods all over the place at custom car shows. I could never wrap my head around how some of the customizers came up with the stuff they did. It was wild! That’s why I was really excited when I got a chance to get my hands on MPC’s old Vette Van kit!

It’s everything I remember about those old car shows! It’s a Vette, with altered headlights (Of course it is!), fin mags and best of all, it’s also a Van! The kit wasn’t cheap, but I sure as heck wasn’t going to say no to something this wild!

Check out the out of box review for this hybrid from the past at the link below, and make sure you have plenty of twinkies and mountain dew on hand!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/out-of-box-reviews/125-mpc-vette-van-oob/

vet-van-oob-2.jpg?w=640

The "van" part is moulded in.

Check out the link in the post I made and you can see the whole kit and its parts. Some look like they're from the '74, but the body is completely retooled or just new, I dont' know which. Also, it's a hard roof; no removeable panels, which is interesting!

Very cool and interesting! Couple years ago I scored an old MPC "Turbo Shark" Vette in a "junkyard" of some other stuff I really wanted. Been trying to figure out something to do with it that I could stand to display on my shelf. Good luck with your Van!

Ah, so that KISS one is yours, Allen! That is a fantastic use for that kit! It makes it just that much more period!

Nice work, and with new decal paper, it would be even more amazing, you're right!

Awesome! Never thought, it'll be new again :)

My Vette Van sorry for the dust. Made the pictures 6 years ago - now it's without dust but no current pictures

061.jpg061_1.jpg

Now I see (thank you for the link!) that my Vette does missing the rear glass. I always thought, that it has none :mellow:

Now I see (thank you for the link!) that my Vette does missing the rear glass. I always thought, that it has none :mellow:

No prob!

And yeah... I REALLY NEED to do another one....

VetteVan17.jpg

My Vette Van sorry for the dust. Made the pictures 6 years ago - now it's without dust but no current pictures

061_1.jpg

Luckily, that rear window would be a flat plane. You could make a pattern and cut it out of.... almost any clear flat plastic. They also sell it by the sheet in well stocked hobby shops.

• 4 months later...