Model Cars Magazine Forum

Some more Round2 surprizes!

The '50 Ford was reissued last year w/ custom front and rear, I believe..

I was looking at the '50 Ford at Hobby Lobby yesterday, checking out the parts diagram on the bottom of the box. It looks like the chopped hardtop is missing but the wraparound rear window is still on the clear parts tree - can anyone verify, and could someone post a photo of the straight axle setup?

More reissues, no doubt.  Hopefully they can find things that haven't been reissued over and over again over the last 20 years...

I think the bulk of Round 2's catalog WILL continue to be comprised of kits that have been available at some point in the last 20 years, simply out of necessity.  If they have tooling for a kit that they know they can reissue with only some routine maintenance/cleanup, that's going to be an easy way to generate profits.  And certain kits will always sell well, such as the '58 Impala.

They've been doing a great job generating interest with their box art and improved decal sheets, and they've done quite a bit of backdating/restoration of a lot of these kits, such as the '36 Ford.

The profit from all of these more recently available kits IS allowing them to also reissue kits that haven't been available for decades.  Every year for the last several years, they've managed to bring out several kits that haven't been seen in a long time, often since they were first issued.  The '75 and '76 Gremlins come to mind, along with the '78 Pacer.  The '80 Volare, the Pinto wagon, and the backdated Bruce Larson Vega are all upcoming examples of this as well.

They might not be what certain people want, but it doesn't mean they aren't doing it...

Maybe some double kits ? de3c_9b12_zpsm1nw17p1.jpg

I tend to think that Deuces are one of the things that have been far over-done, but that one with the '59 Edsel grille and stacked head lights might just get me to get one if the re-issued it!

That 40/32 double kit is one of my top two holy grails. The other would be the Ala Kart. I was so disappointed to find out that the upcoming Mod Rod release will not have the complete set of parts for the Ala Kart. I was planning on buying several, but now I won't buy any.

Oh, well. Such is my life.

Russ

Those bikes are neat. Looking forward to these. As far as the '32 sedan from the Willys kit, it only appeared once after the original release. That issue combined a slightly modified body (pins on the body sides for the custom lower trim were removed) and was combined with the Vicky/phaeton chassis to make a more conventional rod. I'm guessing the custom interior, Buick motor and custom parts have been lost or don't exist any longer, but one can hope!

I have the wheels for one of them in one of my parts bins. The have a great 'snowflake' cast rim on them. I know I'll need a set of these.

Alan... I remember those wheels....nice ones at that.  Years ago I had the MPC Chevy pickup/Dodge van/and Dodge pickups that had the bikes in them...those were great kits..!

does anyone know what year and model these are I can't quite nail it down . I think they are around '74 and 250cc but my vintage dirt bike knowledge is limited.

Due to licensing concerns, Round2 doesn't mention a manufacturer......but it sure looks like a 1968 to 1971 Yamaha DT-1 250 Enduro.