Model Cars Magazine Forum

Diamond Reo Apollo 92

Very cool I like the short hood look it kind of looks muscular . Where did you get the padded interior panels?

The panels are #91539 Plastruct tile sheet, 1/8" square tiles cut diagonally and painted Cummins Beige. They cover the door panels, cab and sleeper walls, headliner, and sun visors.

Thanks for the comments.... Brian

Brian, Very nice job. Do you have any idea for the exhaust pipes? You sure did a good job on all the detail. The door hinges worked fine on my Pete as well.I gave up on using Photo Bucket because I couldn't up load pictures. Use Fotki or you can download them from a file direct to this site. Again very nice job.

Ken.B)

Brian, Very nice job. Do you have any idea for the exhaust pipes? You sure did a good job on all the detail. The door hinges worked fine on my Pete as well.I gave up on using Photo Bucket because I couldn't up load pictures. Use Fotki or you can download them from a file direct to this site. Again very nice job.

Ken.B)

Thanks for the advice. I think that I'll try that.                     On the stacks, I want to maintain the 70s look. I was going to make scale 4" or maybe 5" straight pipes. I made one out of plastic so far, but not satisfied with the finish. I was going to find some aluminum pipes and try that.           Thanks for the comments guys.

Thanks for the comments guys. I appreciate the encouragement. I shake a lot more than I used to, but I do enjoy building trucks. Tried a lot of new things on this rig that I've never done before. I've learned from several mistakes as well. I hope to finish this one soon.

Brian - This is one the nicest Diamond Reo's I have ever seen.  It just takes me back to the days of "Table Top Trucking" in OO magazine.

I really like what you have done and your interior detail is fantastic !

Thanks Sean, I like your Apollo 116 better. It inspired this one.

Brian nice work especially the inside of the cab I like. I like one less can the binder holding the tire. It is not realistic in my opinion.

Thanks for the encouragement! ...On the chain binder, this is the very first time that I have ever attempted to make hooks or a binder (it even worked). Truthfully, I would have never even tried to make one if I had not been inspired by your builds. I was not completely happy with it either. It is bit large and a little different style, but I modeled based on one that is laying in the back of my truck. I didn't get the angle of the handle just right either. Like I said, this model consisted of a lot or "firsts" for me. I'm still learning the old fashioned way. Thanks again for the encouragement and advise.....Brian

First class detailing on your build! 

If I may suggest an alternative for door hinges, there's a place in the UK, that's sells brass piano hinges, small enough for our builds. They come assembled,  just cut the length,  and glue on...done. here's the place http://www.phoenixmodeldevelopments.com/acatalog/The_Phoenix_Miniature_Hinge_Range.html

and they ship super fast! A 6 inch length,  open size is just under 4 mm, is about perfect.  

Edited by gotnitro?

Brian,

You've done a really great job on this one. I like the things you did with the interior.  A suggestion if I may. On the Diamond door panels. I recommend a light wash either black or med to dark brown. This will add depth to the doors and look better.

Be Well

Gator

Brian,

You've done a really great job on this one. I like the things you did with the interior.  A suggestion if I may. On the Diamond door panels. I recommend a light wash either black or med to dark brown. This will add depth to the doors and look better.

Be Well

Gator

Thanks Gator. I do still have some work to do on the door panels yet. I am still trying to get suitable window cranks and door levers as well.

First class detailing on your build! 

If I may suggest an alternative for door hinges, there's a place in the UK, that's sells brass piano hinges, small enough for our builds. They come assembled,  just cut the length,  and glue on...done. here's the place http://www.phoenixmodeldevelopments.com/acatalog/The_Phoenix_Miniature_Hinge_Range.html

and they ship super fast! A 6 inch length,  open size is just under 4 mm, is about perfect.  

Thanks Jeff, I will check them out.

And Thanks to everyone for the comments!

• 2 weeks later...