Model Cars Magazine Forum

Diamond Reo Apollo 92

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the comments, I hope to have more photos soon. This is actually my first attempt at opening doors. Like most of my building lately, this whole build seems to have been an experiment. The seat actually is only in primer, the same as the hood was primed with, but the color has grown on me. I do need some reference photos of the Frigiking rooftop a/c unit that comes in this kit if anyone could help. Thanks again.....Brian

• 3 weeks later...

A little more done on the interior. Doghouse finished. Seats, dash, A/C and CB installed. Floor boards, pedals, heater box, and door panels installed. Interior panels installed. Scraped the interior bucket and started from scratch.

100_2176_zpsfu4uikfk.jpg

100_2175_zpswkzlalcr.jpg

100_2174_zpsfvdzn3gm.jpg

100_2173_zpskwu1jbox.jpg

All the clearances for the engine complete.

100_2177_zpsnkv9rpbq.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Fantastic looking build. I love the amount of detail being put in. 

Out of curiousity, how are you hinging your doors?

This is actually my first try at hinging doors. I've been out of modeling for over 13 years, and just got the bug again last year. I had some old doll house piano hinges that I was going to try years ago. There are two of these type hinges on each door, with plastic rod cut to match the hinges between them to look like one continuous long hinge. I am not completely happy with the results,  though they function well. Most of my models are learning experiences by trial and error. The Paystar that Sam is building has a good example of a first class hinge job, I will be trying that method the next time that I open doors. As most of you have noticed the sleeper is from the Ertl 4300 International, which already had opening doors on the left side. Thanks for the comments..Brian