Model Cars Magazine Forum

Calling All Units

Chuck Most

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This Magnum was built as part of a challenge thrown out to several of the south Florida clubs by my friend Adam (AKA Modeltruckmafia) to build the kit anyway we want so I combined the running gear from the tomb raider jeep with the magnum ( have to keep it all Chrysler) I use the Alaska trooper decals because which department could use it more? And besides I like the bear. This was my first major conversion it went well. Hope you all like it.

post-14099-0-80838500-1436620912_thumb.j

post-14099-0-58130200-1436620928_thumb.j

post-14099-0-54810600-1436620953_thumb.j

post-14099-0-90886500-1436620975_thumb.j

post-14099-0-90659000-1436620997_thumb.j

post-14099-0-30884500-1436621055_thumb.j

Is that the monte from "Black Sheep"?

Never mind: looked it up. It was a caprice.

One of these days I'd like to tackle that one, this one was inspired by the car I was driving at the time

Lindberg Crown Vic, marked this time

SAM_1408.jpg

SAM_1409.jpg

What color did you use for this? I've been looking for something close to the VT green for an upcoming project.

One of these days I'd like to tackle that one, this one was inspired by the car I was driving at the time

What color did you use for this? I've been looking for something close to the VT green for an upcoming project.

Nothing special, rattle can "Hunter Green", probably Krylon.

• 6 months later...

Man OH man! I love the interceptors! What kit did you use as a base to build those? Great work!

Interceptor (max's car) is from 'the parts box' and is their Police XB kit. the Pursuit is the planetX resin kit, which i modified the nose and changed the rims for more accuracy.

since i'm reviving an old thread, here's some more police model cars

Jumanji

Super Troopers

Speed Trap

Here's a few of my favorites you might have seen over the years ..... Euclid Ohio Traffic enforcement Impala

Picture042-vi.jpg

OSHP 57 Chevy 150 sedan. Built from an AAM resin trans kit years before the Revell kit was released.

POI5C-vi.jpg

CHP "Ghost Charger" Built from the first round of test shot parts for the Lindberg kit.  The steel wheels hadn't even been tooled yet, they sent me resin prototypes to use here.    

Charger20-vi.jpg

'72 Ford Custom 500 "Magnum Force" built from a Modelhaus kit with the Custom 500 trim added. Yes, the Movie car was really green with a blue interior. " Excuse me .... Do you know where the entrance to San Quentin is ...." Great Movie !

Picture201-vi.jpg

A phantom LAPD '59 Rambler SW built as part of the IMC project. Hopefully Moebius along with Model King will make this happen one day.

Picture235-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking .... -Steve

Edited by SteveG