Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Tinting

7 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO TINT CLEAR PLASTICS WOULD TAMIYA CLEAR PAINTS WORK LIKE THE BLUE,YELLOW ECT...........

Posted · Report post

Don't know about you, but how much window tint do you need? If you find a local shop that does window tint, you can probably convince them to let you dig through their trash and get scraps of the tint material. It is thin plastic with a sticky coating on one side that is revealed when you peel away a clear film. All you have to do is peel it off and stick your window to it, then trim.

Sorry I don't have any experience with trying to paint the windows. Come to think of it, it might be cool to do a greenish tint that most glass has, maybe that can be done with paint.

Posted · Report post

If you have a well-stocked office supply store nearby, you might wanna investigate tinted report covers:

DSCN3015-vi.jpg

The material is very thin, so it is both flexible and closer to scale thickness than kit glass. I glued it in with clear enamel and Micro Krystal Kleer.

Posted · Report post

Another item to consider- DAHM's Window Tint, sold at any well-stocked R/C supply hobby shop. You apply it to the outside of the window.

DAHMStint-vi.jpg

It actually looks darker than this photo shows, due to the lighting:

ORANGEWOODY1-vi.jpg

Posted · Report post

Some great new ideas here!

I have recently had good results using Johnsons Klear floor wax, or Future as I believe it is sold in the US. It can be tinted with a little food colouring (found in the baking isle of your local supermarket). I've only used blue, but it works a treat - just mix the Klear/Future with food dye and brush on. It self-levels, though you can end up with a dark edge if you put too much on and it settles along one side. Paint it on the inside of the glazing for smoothest appearance.

I'll post some pics when I get chance.

Posted · Report post

Here you go, glazing tinted with a mixture of floor wax and food dye.

S5001211.jpg

Posted · Report post

Beautiful Impala Simon.