Model Cars Magazine Forum

'32 Vickies (the more than three day project)

mrm

Next i masked the trim on the roof with BMF and sprayed some Krylon "Make it Suede" to give it some texture. Right now you can see the trim in dark blue (almost black) and the rest of the roof in the textured tan. It is the only can I have left and it is discontinued. So I'll have to paint over it and then foil the trim.

Not much interest it seems in this modern rod…….

After I managed to majorly screw up my interior panels, I decided to scrap them all together and scratch build new ones. I think they will work way better with the overall look I am going after

After some primer, the top of the panels were sprayed with Tamiya Dark Mica Blue, which is what the top half of the car will be done in too. The inserts are painted in the Blue Elettrico as the bottom of the car. Then everything was cleared. 

I also made a hinge for the front hood before it was prepped for paint.

And this is the roof after the "make it suede", few coats of the Dark Mica Blue and a couple of Model Masters "Dull Coat". Now it just needs its chrome trim. And NO, it is not black actually. :D

Thank you Tony.

Here is a quick mock-up of the fendered Vickie. Still not decided on what wheels to use. I really wanted modern Spoked laced wheels, but it may prove prohibitive due to the front suspension.

The dash...

and a little bit of detail added to the engine cover

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

First bill of order for continuing this build was to finish the suspension.

So first I made a tie-rod bracket on the diff casing. It is all styrene with some photo etched bolts. 

zUhhyW.jpg 

The brakes are detail master photoetched pieces with some homemade calipers.

0cz9BO.jpg

Then they were attached to the wheels together with some mounting brackets made from styrene and some more photoetched bolt heads. 

gQ8jNc.jpg

tT3Dic.jpg

Thanks for looking and stay tuned.

Edited by mrm