Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bare Metal 57 Ford

Pat Minarick

IMG_7114_zps6st70z6y.jpgI finished this one up today.I covered the body in BMF and lightly sanded it,then washed over it with a rusty wash. I made the taillights from googly eyes ,cutting the back out and painted them stoplight red on the inside. It's not perfect but I was just trying something new.

IMG_7078_zpsmysbddxy.jpgIMG_7082_zpsrssboxqj.jpgIMG_7083_zpsjuon0bih.jpgIMG_7085_zpsjdthsn75.jpgIMG_7086_zpshlyquyai.jpgIMG_7087_zpsvs0zbq40.jpgIMG_7088_zpsipj3f82w.jpgIMG_7091_zps1tjblalw.jpgIMG_7092_zpsh47xkjas.jpgIMG_7084_zpswr2xwwid.jpg

Edited by Pat Minarick

I covered the body in BMF and lightly sanded it,then washed over it with a rusty wash.

Wow. I've been waiting for someone to try this. I did just a '34 Ford hood for the same efffect. I love the look of it, and would love to try it. I have some questions, if you don't mind?

How many sheets did it take to cover the whole car?

Did you do it in large panels or smaller strips?

How well does the overlaps of foil pieces disappear and did the wash help that or hinder that?

Was keeping large pieces of foil wrinkle free as you worked them, as frustrating as I imagine?

What grit sandpaper did you use?

2011-06-18073011.jpg