Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 scale Williams FW14B

nickyfzr

Hello All

My first post here. This is my first attempt at a large scale build. I have built bi-scale (1/24-1/25) muscle cars and Nascars before but never anything bigger than that and all of them were out of box builds. I was planning on only slightly detailing it but it sort of snow balled. Detail up parts are primarily from Thunder Valley F1 and RB Motion. Carbon fiber decals from Scale Motorsport and a few other odds and ends sourced elsewhere.

Progress is slow since its hard to find the time to work on it with work and family responsibilities but I'm getting there.Lets start from the beginning:

lqaZWTI.jpg

KFJ7KwN.jpg

j70ZkcF.jpg

I filled the vent holes of the brake discs with putty and sanded it down and drilled out the cooling holes. They were then painted with the recommended Tamiya paint colors as per the instructions. Well they didn't come out too bad but no where near as nice as the Thunder Valley brake kit.

R4ajHl7.jpg

X5dtkMQ.jpg

XjXxJvk.jpg

4yVqLNH.jpg

Edited by nickyfzr

• 1 month later...

WOW!

Its pretty impossible for me to comment on every ones post even though I marvel at just about all of them.

But I'm curious, you obviously seem like a pro builder, is it something full or part time?

How long would a build like this take you?

Edited by aurfalien

aurfalien

Thank you for the compliment but I am far from a pro builder. This is my first large scale detailed build. In the past I have always built 1/24 scale cars straight out of the box but after seeing some beautiful builds on the internet I decided to give it a try. I'm definitely a part time builder. Its hard to find time to work on it between work and family. I believe I started it in January. The way I'm going I'm hoping to have it done within the next month or two.

Wow man.

Well, if you don't wanna catagorize yourself in the pro builder class, I'd insist you at least be in the "true craftsman class".

In fact I'd say 99.9% of the builds I see here are pro fo sho!

I'm probably the only newbie that has posted a build lately.

Edited by aurfalien

Cool, cool, cool !!!

You are doing a great job here. Brakes are spectacular, where are they from???

I have a 1/12 Tamiya Wolf and Ferrari T4 in my to do pile which will be my first at that scale. Hope I can make them as nice as this

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

• 2 weeks later...