Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 scale Williams FW14B

nickyfzr

• 2 weeks later...

Guys

Thank you so much for the compliments. It makes the building of a model even more rewarding when my fellow builders give me compliments like these. 8 months and counting is the longest I have ever taken on a build but the outcome is definitely worth it. There are still things that I am not happy with but I've learned a lot and I am very excited to start the next one. Hoping to post pictures of the completed car very soon.

Here's another shot that looks pretty mean:

5mzZ6ar.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Crusader101. The first 10 pics are Acu Stion stencils airbrushed. The rest are a mix of the Tamiya dry transfer decals that came with the kit and water slide decals I had to purchase from "indycals.net". Unfortunately I never used the dry transfer decals before and I ruined a few of them before I figured out how to apply them. I definitely like the decals that came with the kit better but the ones from indycals work and are a lot cheaper than the Tamiya ones if you can find them. Also the tires in first 10 pictures are sealed with Testors Dulcote while the rest I did the side walls with Microscale Gloss. Sort of running shoes and dress shoes.

Thank you for the reply. I will have to continue my efforts to track down that Acu Stion stencil. Every time I check with hlj.com it's listed as non-available. I've always liked the airbrushed lettering.

And were you able to get those new tire sticker decals from indycals? (the stickers that are always on the face of a brand new tire).

Really an incredible build, thank you for writing such a detailed post and pics, will certainly aid my efforts when I finally embark on my FW14B.

HLJ is a great place. I've purchased a lot of cool stuff from them a lot cheaper than any where else. I was able to get the decals from indycals. Good price and fast delivery but like I said they are water slide decals which don't look as good as the dry transfer in my opinion. I think bestbalsakits.com has the dry transfer ones but he's too expensive for me. You can keep trying ebay and you might get lucky.

Next up is the 1/12 Tamiya McLaren MP4/6.