Model Cars Magazine Forum

Binks Wren airbrush review

Don, the Binks Wren was my first airbrush, WAY back in early January 1962. However, it's not easy to come by replacement parts for it, unlike the Paasche H, or even the Badger 350--both of which have far wider distribution, and are the same basic external mix airbrushes, from my long experience.

Art

they're still out there. I stopped at a hobby shop in Des Moines Iowa a few years back and when you walked in they had a large table of model related items for sale from some guy that was leaving the hobby. I picked up a complete Brinks Wren airbrush with all the jars and in it's case for $15.00

I still have fond memories of my Binks Wren airbrush that I purchased new back in 1972.

I was blown away by its ease of use after previuosly struggling with spray cans.

It stood up to decades of use and abuse but was finally put to rest after being knocked over once to often

Edited by Roncla

I've added a review of the Binks Wren to my site. I hope you like it. You can see it here.

Don

Major score Don, this is the brush that did all of the cool 70's murals & custom paint work - great, great brush - you know your stuff my friend - congrats !!! :)

Edited by Krazy Rick