Model Cars Magazine Forum

Caterpillar TC 660

• 4 weeks later...

I almost finished the construction of the model. remains to make the muffler brakets and ask the fittings in the tanks has air. To make the tanks I used a wood rod 7/16. Initially I did a 100 gallon fuel tank but I found that it appeared one may long for a tractor.I made an another 120 gallon tank. Now I'll make the hinge for the Hood adjustments and paint. I also set up my C 15 engine but I lack of references for a three turbos. I have found a CAT for references.

• 4 weeks later...

I have to make changes on the angles of the turbos for the installation of the C15. I have not completed the weathering of the engine it is one preliminary. Looking at the pictures I noticed that i lack finishing on workpieces in particular. You contact that I painted it matte, I do not like the glossy and I won't look like new.

.The first part of the air system is completed, still painting large hoses of the brakes and the differential valves. It remains for me now to do a dozen other fitting for a air tanks.

P1140277%20800x600_zpsyiwaqff8.jpg

P1140278%20800x600_zpshdqeftcb.jpg

P1140279%20800x600_zpse8a1xowx.jpg

Edited by mackd

hallo Alain

grate work on this unit. all the details make it very realistic. the rear tires what Dimension do they have? are made of normal resin or rubber?

so long

arnd

Thank Arnd.    The tires are made of rubber and the dimension is 24 inches wide 1/25.

I put on the Cat finally parking Mack RM 600. I lack of parts that I have to adjust before painting. Dave has problems with some parts of the cab. I have completed a air piping, connected the power stering and that of the muffler. Lack me information on the radiator, and air cleaner

• 4 months later...
I just received the final pieces for my CAT 660. After months of work looking at this work of art that Dave has done with the dashboard. I very enjoy doing this project with Dave is a guy very honnetre and speech. After all the shots below the table that it is done in the designer I was hesitant a associate myself with one another to make this project. I did esiterai not a redo it again with him.