Model Cars Magazine Forum

T - Touring

mrm

• 4 months later...

One of my cats got hold of the motor and did quite some damage to it, so I have to redo it. Also I was working on the interior and that is where I got stuck. I am not far from the finish and I definitely have to update the topic with some fresh pictures.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Well, fellas, this was put away and pretty much forgotten for quite some time now. But after digging for something else, it was found and will be finished shortly. Basically it needs an interior. The goal would be to get in "under glass" before by birthday in mid November. 

NUg1CW.jpg

So I am picking up where the interior was left before. For starters, I added thin strip styrene, creating continuation of the dash.

xncI9j.jpg

Next I made some "design elements" for the side panels. A main layer for the overall shape from 0.5mm sheet followed by much thinner sheet for the pocket and then a third layer for the pocket flap. I like to predrill where I am going to attach photoetch, as it gives a spot for the superglue to settle under the tiny part. 

uygPms.jpg

Simple yet effective design, which I believe suits the rest of the car. 

SoyRqH.jpg

The seats are going to be slightly modified units from AMT's Phantom Vicky. They had to be narrowed, so the sides were recovered by some more sheet styrene. 

lSByyW.jpg

And there you go. I believe the interior is figured out. Just needs some color, carpet and a nice dash insert. 

GmJF7U.jpg

Thanks for looking and stay tuned. 

Edited by mrm

That build definitely deserves being finished. The paint work and mods you have done look great. I will be watching.

I had that issue of the kit back in the late 80's, did some similar mods. Sadly, many of its suspension pieces made their way to other builds and it was never finished. If I luck upon a reasonably priced kit one day, I'll give it another go. The last time I saw a complete one at a model show/swap meet, the seller wanted some extreme $$$ for it. 

On 10/27/2019 at 10:52 AM, gman said:

That build definitely deserves being finished. The paint work and mods you have done look great. I will be watching.

I had that issue of the kit back in the late 80's, did some similar mods. Sadly, many of its suspension pieces made their way to other builds and it was never finished. If I luck upon a reasonably priced kit one day, I'll give it another go. The last time I saw a complete one at a model show/swap meet, the seller wanted some extreme $$$ for it. 

Thank you Greg.

I have one more of this kit, but I am piecing it out, as I took the rear suspension for my Sweet Victoria project and for some parts I need to complete this one. 

On 10/28/2019 at 7:45 PM, DumpyDan said:

So glad you found it, this needs to be finished.

Thank you Dan. 

I am definitely finishing this one, altho I don't know when I will be entering a show/contest again. I always wanted to build one.

On 10/29/2019 at 6:51 AM, MeatMan said:

Ditto the above comments!

Thank you Dennis.

On 10/30/2019 at 11:40 AM, CabDriver said:

Looks great!  Love the scratchbuilding work you did on that interior!  Very cool!

Thank you Jim.

Your comment is appreciated.

On 10/30/2019 at 5:54 PM, Rocking Rodney Rat said:

I don't know how I missed this the first time around, but I'm glad to see you back on it. The paint pops and that wheel and tire combo works nicely....This is coming together nicely, I love '26/'27 Fords.... -RRR

Thank you Rodney.

This project was going with a nice steady tempo and then I don't know what happened. I guess it kinda fell through the cracks.

So, back to the interior....

I sprayed the dash and the part of the side panels in the original blue color. Then I masked the dash and the trim with BMF.

jgqh5c.jpg

Then I sprayed everything with the color I originally had on the roof. Then I unmasked it. Still needs some touching up, but overall, I am happy with the result.

K15ZuI.jpg

Front seat mocked up. I took quite a bit of sanding and trimming to get it to seat where I want it. I hate when seat backs poke too high out of a street rod's interior.

B7EgCU.jpg

And with the roof on.

f9eECb.jpg

Thanks for looking and stay tuned.

10 hours ago, Lowlife ! ! said:

Looking really nice Michael !

Still love that colour, the doors look so much better and that interior is a great improvement !

Look forward to seeing this finally come together !!

Thanks for the kind words Martin.

I don't know if I'll manage to finish it tonight, but it will come close for sure. 

I remember when you first posted this, an evil voice in my head went "What is he thinking?  Why would you change the details on a 27 T?"  I have to say I am eating my words now - this is a very cool rendition and the modifications come together as a whole design. I have a real 1935 phaeton in the shed and your door panel design is giving me some inspiration for that project!  CAn't wait to see this finished.

Cheers

Alan

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/8/2019 at 4:25 PM, alan barton said:

I remember when you first posted this, an evil voice in my head went "What is he thinking?  Why would you change the details on a 27 T?"  I have to say I am eating my words now - this is a very cool rendition and the modifications come together as a whole design. I have a real 1935 phaeton in the shed and your door panel design is giving me some inspiration for that project!  CAn't wait to see this finished.

Cheers

Alan

Thank you Alan. I would be happy if y ideas helped you out with your 1:1 project.