Model Cars Magazine Forum

T - Touring

mrm

• 1 month later...

I am still building it. 

I just had to put a hold on my plastic projects for a little, in order to take care of some far more important things. It will be back on the bench real soon.

• 7 months later...

This is also back on the bench. 

The roof on the back had to have a stripe added on the bottom, where it was cut. 

Some more filling was necessary on the top also.

Now everything is drying and hopefully tonight I can sand it one last time and get to the first coat of primer. 

Thanks for sharing this project.IMHO far too few young modelers see the endless potential these model T's offer.Enlarging the doors and stripping the chrome will bring  this build into a very contemporary state.I look forward to seeing it finished.

Thank you for the kind words guys.

Tom, you read my intentions perfectly. For me the perfect street rod is a balancing act between the old-and-traditional and the modern-and-high-tech. 

Here is the latest…..I primered the model and fudged up the primer job, big part of which was because my primer was really old. Then I decided to spray on top of it my new PPG Ferrari Blue Elettrico to check out the look and to kind of use it as a guiding coat when I sand it back down anyway. Well, it made a mess, created a lot of work for me (sanding this body and all its creases is no fun) and set me back quite a bit. However there was good with the bad. It made me realize that this was not the color for this model and it also helped me to decide on the color combo for one of my other projects. 

So here it is ready for a light coat of primer and with some samples of the blues I have (about half of them actually) which I sprayed on spoons after a sanded the model down to decide what I want it be. It will be Bayside Blue (a Nissan tricoat color, that is not on the picture) which I have left over from an old job. 

MTdtBx.jpg

Edited by mrm

So I painted the roof dark blue, which was my initial idea. Did not like the look, so I striped it. While that was going on, I put together the chassis. This whole kit got started being built, just because I wanted to see how that suspension was going to go together. Then it kind of grew into a little bit more involving build. So I am keeping it fairly simple. Not going crazy on the details. The wheels ant tires are from the Revell '32 Roadster. They are very similar to the ones that originally come in the T-Touring kit, but the fronts are slightly smaller diameter and the rears are slightly bigger. This way the rear fenders get filled out better without any modification to the rear suspension and the front gets in the roots by just dropping the spindles slightly. 

Now if only Revell could give us this type of front and rear suspension on a '32 or '34 frame………..

You can't really tell from the pictures, but the front spindles were modified and Detail Master brake discs with scratch built calipers were fitted.

This was the part I was most interested in...

This is as low as it can sit at the front without being unrealistic. Next step would be the fenders sitting straight on top of the tires. 

I just can't get enough of that rear end

Love the color choices. This is coming along nicely.

I agree. The stance is also spot on, though it would be nice if the rear could be lowered just a fraction more, but to do that you would have to go with a smaller wheel which wouldn't look right. Keep at it, it's looking great. 

• 7 months later...

After quite the break from this project, let's revive the topic.......

I started working on the interior, by first gluing the dash to interior tub and then basically gutting it out. 

Next I made new side panels from thin sheet styrene and then cut them to represent the resized doors.

This will give me pretty much a clean sheet to create whatever style side panels I like.

I will be going for a very plain, clean, traditional yet modern look.

Thanks for looking and stay tuned....