Model Cars Magazine Forum

T - Touring

mrm

Now that the Delivery Deuce is done, I decided that next model I would like to finish is the T Touring. This will give me a short break from '32 Fords and will get this project, which started almost 5 years ago, finally finished. 

The engine is the chassis, after fixing whatever damage my cat did years ago and the body is affixed to the chassis. Of course before that the body got the usual wet sanding and buffing. 

wYsD2v.jpg

Next, I had to build a new PE fan, the old one was long gone. The old belts survived and so did the accessories. The steering linkage as also painted. 

R9j1yZ.jpg

Thanks for looking and stay tuned....

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, a little update. 

I am really trying to finally finish this model, which would be one of the longest projects of mine ever. 

I wanted to spice up the interior a little, so I decided to install some colored inserts in the seats. These are scalemotorsports decals. I am not 100% satisfied with the results, but I'll try blue piping to outline the inserts and if I am not happy, I'll just repaint everything again. 

RcCnhI.jpg

All the engine accessories are attached 

ppySL9.jpg

The grille got the headlights attached to it and received a photoetched emblem, which was topped with just a touch of 5min epoxy to create a dome effect. The picture does not show it very well and creates these weird spots that look lie water droplets. In person there are no such things. 

mG9Qnd.jpg

The grille was then mounted 

6xKFYU.jpg

And the radiator hose was attached 

iNvl3a.jpg

And I am yet another step closer to finally completing this project. 

5kvXXL.jpg

Thanks for looking and stay tuned...

Edited by mrm

9 hours ago, mrm said:

All the engine accessories are attached 

ppySL9.jpg

The grille got the headlights attached to it and received a photoetched emblem, which was topped with just a touch of 5min epoxy to create a dome effect. The picture does not show it very well and creates these weird spots that look lie water droplets. In person there are no such things. 

mG9Qnd.jpg

The grille was then mounted 

6xKFYU.jpg

And the radiator hose was attached 

iNvl3a.jpg

And I am yet another step closer to finally completing this project. 

5kvXXL.jpg

Thanks for looking and stay tuned...

Micheal....not quite sure how I missed this project but gotta say it is looking really, really sharp.   Best of luck bringing this one all the way home!   TIM

6 hours ago, Eric Macleod said:

"I don't really want to get carried away with this one, as it is just a fun exercise to see how the suspension goes together."

Methinks you got carried away.  Looks great though! 

Yeaahhhhh……OK…… you may have a point…..LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am slowly chipping on this trying to finally finish it. For some reason this model has been fighting me all the way since day one. 

First, let me explain why my updates are so sporadic and sometimes with long periods of time in-between. Long story short,after my move to TN, I basically don't have any sort of working space or a work bench to do my models at. I build literally on my dining table in the middle of my living room. This means that after I get home from work, take shower, go in the garage and dig out what I need to work on, bring and set up everything I need on the dining table and then clean everything up and put it back together in the garage, so we have dinner. This is quite the exercise and it slows me down tremendously. When i was building my model A coupes, a couple of times I left a huge mess on the table and did not have time to clean it, so we ate dinner in my other living room on my patio table. I am still hearing about it! LOL. 

Anyway......

I was not happy with the decal results on my seats and after trying to save them, I gave back. They never really looked just right to me anyway. So I decided to paint the inserts. However I was worried that the SEM paint I usually use for my interiors will eat the decals and it would be a mess. Besides I wanted to make the inserts of the seats different. So I masked off the seats with Tamiya tape and some liquid mask.

UqHqG9.jpg

Then I sprayed straight from the spray can some Krylon textured paint. The idea was to kill three birds with one stone. 1) make the inserts a different color 2)make the inserts a different texture and 3)play it safe, so even if the decals got lifted, the texture would hide it. Honestly, I don't know if the decals got affected. All I know is that I could not be happier and I discovered a cool new product I can use in my interiors. The color and texture came out perfect for my interior. 

nrfDL5.jpg

Here is what the can looks like. I believe I got it from Home Depot, while I was looking for something entirely different. 

ItGYJ1.jpg

Next, I had to repair some damage the top had. Then I plan on painting the inside of it with the same texture as the seat inserts. 

O95SoV.jpg

It's almost there.......

Edited by mrm
  • Like 1