• I Like Option "A"
    • I Like Option "B"
    • I Like Option "C"

30 31 32 who cares, it's the style of finish not the year exactly

Old ford guys care.

Model A guys care.

Deuce guys care.

Hot rod guys care.

When it comes to model T's, model A's and Deuces, the exact year does matter a great deal to many people.

A. It looks like there was a plan to build a hot rod. The others look half-baked- either it's clean and shiny, or it's not. How much of that "patina" can one have, before the structural damage is too severe for actual use? And, all those "lightening holes"- really, for the street?

Since the OP poll did not state whether it was for a 28,29,30, 31 or 32 or even a being a Ford , only the style of build. At what point was it change to 30/31 only ?

Did the 30/31 A lovers take over this thread ?

I what would be the advantage of putting the frame upside down ?

I dunno guys... when I see a row of shiny street rods (As or '32s) at a show, they seem just too cookie cutter to me. And shops are cranking out brand new ones one after another.

At least the ratz have some character.

DSC00320-vi.jpg

I had built this in the image of what I'd actually like to own someday... maybe a little less ratty, but I'd like to have a roadster pickup. Maybe once I get past a few life things! Heck, I'm gonna be spending at least that on a wedding next year!

I don't care for A, B, or C completely. None of them stay consistent to their design theme, I don't like modern components on rat rods. I like the chop and drilled visor on B but the car is a bit too grungy for me but has chrome engine pieces. Give me C chopped like B with C's vintage engine and find some more period looking wheels and tires.

• 1 month later...