Model Cars Magazine Forum

How ya doin there,from Lawng Island New Yawk

Wow what a great site.Ive been spending a lot of time on another model car website.However,I was starting to get bored with it.So I googled this site,and now I'm hooked.I especially like the drag racing forum,perhaps,because all I really build are drag cars.I couldn't believe some of the incredible work I've seen so far..Anyway,thanks

Welcome to our plastic playground Brian. I'm an ex-Long Islander and lived in West Islip for 31 years until the high R.E. taxes drove us out. You'll really love it here. Have you heard of, or joined, the L.I.A.R.S. Club? (Long Island Auto Replica Society) They meet on the third Thursday of every month at the Henrietta Acampora Senior Center in Blue Point.

Here's a LINK to their website. http://www.liarsmodelcarbuilders.com/

Welcome to the forum, Brian. I grew up across the Sound, but up north in the Hills now.

Do dabble into the other forums as there's lots of cross interest things going on here. Best way is just use the View New Content on top right and you won't miss anything in any forum.

Thanks guys,Ramfins,I have heard of LIARS,great club.They put on the only model car show,east of NYC,every November.Im sure you've gone,excellent shows.I have to say,that I've been spending a lot less time on another site,that I won't mention,Another great site,,,& lot more time on here.And the biggest draw for me,is the Drag racing forum .I have been looking through this section,& cannot believe my eyes,whenever I see someone's work on here.Just incredible.Ive been finding all kinds of ideas,& interesting info on a part of this hobby,that I enjoy so much..,drag racing models...?

I have to say,that the amount of pure talent that I have seen on this website,since sighing up a few weeks ago,Is absolutely amazing.My lord,some of U guys can build,..no SH%#.

Thanks to everyone for the great ideas,and advice.

I have to say,that the amount of pure talent that I have seen on this website,since sighing up a few weeks ago,Is absolutely amazing.My lord,some of U guys can build,..no SH%#.

Thanks to everyone for the great ideas,and advice.

Sorry,my mistake?

• 2 months later...

Welcome in Brian, I just signed on last month myself, but have been in the hobby over 50 years. Hope you enjoy it. Walk straight to the back of the room at the LIARS show November 14th and come by my vendor set up and say hello! Remember this year's special theme class is Chevrolet Impala 1958-present. Looking forward to seeing you there. Would you like details on joining the club? That guy Rich Manson knows what he's talking about, and is one helluva builder. Contact me... Ernie :>)