Model Cars Magazine Forum

"D" , "E" , of "F" ?

The "D" , "E" or "F" Poll  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Pick an option

• Option "D"
    • Option "E"
    • Option "F"

D for me. I'm not a fan of the "channeled beyond use" look anymore. Once I discovered the realm of traditional hot rods.... I was hooked. All out "Rat" rods don't do anything for me anymore. Theyre neat, but no. I would probably build one as a model because... well, it's a model and doesnt have to be 100 accurate, but not a real car.

I want a 30 Model A 5 window soooo bad I can taste it. Out of my league at the moment though... So cheap foxbody mustangs are what hold me over.

In general, I like these three much better than the original choices on the prior thread.

There are elements of all 3 cars I like a lot, actually.

What I don't particularly like is the sky high engine mounting in F (E is better; It's just as radically lowered, but the engine isn't quite so high in the chassis).

I really like the lines of E, but 4-bolt axles? Give me a break. It appears to be a V-8 powered car, so just don't drop the clutch in it. And it can't be about cost. Have you priced a junkyard diff lately? They're almost free.

I'm not wild about the tops of the grille shells appearing to be higher than the tops of the cowls, either. Really ruins the flow of the lines, in my opinion.

I'm kinda tired of fake patina and flat black, too. Get some skills and finish the damm cars.

And I've always liked the custom '34 of Edsel Ford that Matt put forth in post #9, but I vastly prefer this nose on it...

1a.jpg

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

maxresdefault_zpskdtnrstl.jpg?1434636164

I just voted for D. I tend to look at rods as if I was buying it as a 1:1 vehicle. I don't like most modern rods since they are still making new '32s in shops across the country and they just look so cookie cutter. And no Chevy engines! And I like that they didn't pop a '32 radiator shell on this one. I like the A look.

I like the look of this car. I don't like big blowers, scoops and such that would get in the way of driver's view. I could live with this one, but if it was mine, I'd want the carbs a bit lower. I love the Olds Rocket engine, a great old school (dare I say traditional) engine. I also could live with a Caddy engine, Buick nail head, old Chrysler Ram Hemi etc. wouldn't be looking for record winning speed and acceleration, just a cool rumble and something drivable on today's roads. As such, I'd also like the exhaust to go under the car and add some mufflers! I want to cruise around town and not be a public menace.

I do like the matte finish and although I'm not big into chops.. especially those mail slot ones nobody could sit in, I like this one. It just has the look. I like the wheel choice too. And I wouldn't want modern features like A/C... just crank that windshield open.

I will get a rod one of these days. My preference would be a roadster pickup, with the attributes as described above. One of these days... right now my rod money will be paying for wedding next August!

Edited by Tom Geiger

Look again. It's a chopped '32 grille shell.

OMG !!! Was that stalking?? B)

Yea Bill, sitting on the board all day long, just examining every post for even the smallest error or misspelling. May not be stalking, but shows that you have absolutely nothing to do! And it must help your self esteem! So enjoy.... click, refresh!