Model Cars Magazine Forum

Photo etch cutters/scissors

Use mine all the time. I also use them for trimming out small decals from the larger sheet (easier to see with the small blades) and for thin styrene sheet when scratchbuilding.

Just take care not to drop them. The ends of the blades are very delicate and bend/break easily.

The Xuron scissors are great for photo etch. Just don't use them for anything but photo etch. I have two pairs now. One I got tiny little dents in from cutting other stuff, and a brand new one I keep in a sleeve so I don't use it for anything else!

Those Tamiya Modeling Scissors for photo etch are only 14 US$ at Amazon, and that's with free shipping. check it out:

http://www.amazon.com/Model-Sissors-Photo-Etched-Parts/dp/B000E7ONR0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1435897668&sr=8-2&keywords=tamiya+modeling+scissors

they have the Xuron too, but I thought the Tamiya was a particularly good deal

jb

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Hmm, plenty of those at the dollar store.

And would you rate them as working perfectly or good enough?

Very few things are perfect, but these work extremely well. The straight cutting line allows you to cut very close to the part.

I'm surprised none of the other posts mentioned WEAR EYE PROTECTION