Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25-1/24 scale '57 jet funny car

\New project: 1/24 scale '57 Chevy jet F/C complete with modern Toterhome and 53' race trailer. Started with Revell McEwen kit and a 1/25 fc kit for chassis. So far just a lot of tearing apart chassis and rebuilding parts of it to my liking. long way to go

post-12878-0-25541500-1434930306_thumb.j

post-12878-0-61641900-1434930319_thumb.j

The jet engine came out of a 1/32 scale Chinese F5MG basically it's a mig21 sold to China.

This kit is made by Trumpeteer and it's usually a $100 kit but my local hobby shop does consignments and had this kit missing some rocket launcher parts so i got it for like 30 bucks. Also apparently Trumpeteer included detailed engines in a few of thier kits in 1/32. I know its a 1/24 scale vehicle but if there is a jet engine that size i imagine it to be oversized.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks pretty good Jerry.

I too am a huge jet car fan, have had multiple opportunities to take photos, and have been working on a spreadsheet to work out different jet engines available and their scales.

Just from the looks of it, looks like that matches pretty well. My biggest concern in modeling those is just to be sure the "details" such as wiring/plumbing look right since those would be more scale sensitive. Look forward to seeing yours getting done.

Haven't had time to work on this week. As far as plumbing and piping go. I will try my best at that as this is my first attempt at this jet engine car and im researching as I go. Will give it the old college try. Finding some thing to use as tubing may actually be the difficult part as you said it is scale sensitive.