Model Cars Magazine Forum

'NASH-TY' Nash sedan delivery

jeffs396

I hope all you Dads here had a nice Father's day today and you were 'allowed' some bench time ;)

I picked up this Flintstone Nash sedan delivery at the Desert Scale Classic back in April. Great deal, been looking for one for a while with the pewter parts.

IMG_3322_zpsrsujotsi.jpg

IMG_3323_zpsz1frhrfk.jpg

Quite a bit of prep to get the body straight, but its almost there. There's a coat of red oxide primer underneath the black in case I go for the 'patina' look...

The bumpers, well they're gonna take ALOT of work. Wouldn't be bad for body colored ones, but I want chrome...ugh...

IMG_3461_zps20rynr5c.jpg

IMG_3460_zpsa1edewbj.jpg

LOVE pewter parts! Nothing looks like metal like REAL metal! B)

IMG_3325_zpsagwnrj7v.jpg

This is just a slammer, so I used the wheels and tires from the Revell Willys ProStreet. Can't see much of 'em, but the big Mickey Thompson meats can be seen nicely from behind! :o

IMG_3472_zpstmsg4x0p.jpg

MT%20close-up_zpswnyg0bor.jpgIMG_3471_zpscxykl688.jpg

IMG_3473_zpsoy1wew0s.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Edited by jeffs396

That will be cool Jeff! If you want, I can make a mask for you and you can paint the letters on. I just need the dimensions of the area where you want them.

WOW!!!!!!!!! That is so cool!!!!!!!!!! May I ask what you are using for q chassis and interior for thie or is it strictly curbside? If this could be reverse enginered to a close semblance of stock, it sure would be a unique addition as a delivery vehicle for a small corner grocery store - or a hearse for a funeral home for dwarfs? :P Just kidding... but the questions are serious as is the suggestion for a somewhat stock looking build.. :)

Edited by impcon

Thanks for the comments everyone! Trying to keep it simple and actually get one DONE! I'll be getting discouraged by the bumpers quickly though, might be quicker to make new ones in a semi-custom style...

Gary, the chassis that comes with the kit is basically a flat plate with provisions for metal axles. That's what I'm using on this slammer. No interior, windows will be tinted...Not sure what this resin kit is based off of (did someone other than Hubley do a Metropolitan?). I doubt the delivery/wagon was ever kitted, this is probably made from a Metropolitan. This resin DOES have a separate hood though, and a stock build would be possible with some work. The body looks accurate according to the pics I looked at...

Any decal makers looking in on this? ;)

This is supposed to be the full size Nash Rambler wagon, I think it's a 1950 but don't hold me to it. These I think that was just wishful thinking, they're supposed to be very aerodynamic, but I think that their nickname of the upside down bathtub is probably just as close to the aerodynamic capabilities as could be expected.

This is supposed to be the full size Nash Rambler wagon, I think it's a 1950 but don't hold me to it. These I think that was just wishful thinking, they're supposed to be very aerodynamic, but I think that their nickname of the upside down bathtub is probably just as close to the aerodynamic capabilities as could be expected.

No this is the 'little" Rambler (wagon) it came as a wagon and a semi-convertible at first and later a 2 door hardtop.

Yes it's a 50/52.

The nickname refered to the full sized Nash which came in 2 series,comprised of various 2 and 4 door bodies, but no wagons,'verts or hardtops.

You're right about the aero...it was only kinda aerodynamic.

Edited by mike 51